SLA017 Owner Thread - Page 15
Like Tree5015Likes

Thread: SLA017 Owner Thread

Page 15 of 261 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 65 115 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 2603
  1. #141
    Member impalass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada.
    Posts
    494

    Re: SLA017 Owner Thread

    Just from what I've read the SBDX019 (500 pieces) is the Japan only model number with the SLA017 (1500 pieces) for the international markets. I could be wrong though and it wouldn't be the first time.
    yonsson and Travelller like this.

  2. #142
    Member jswing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,444

    Re: SLA017 Owner Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by impalass View Post
    Just from what I've read the SBDX019 (500 pieces) is the Japan only model number with the SLA017 (1500 pieces) for the international markets. I could be wrong though and it wouldn't be the first time.
    Correct, and to the sbdx019 is being released 7/8.

    Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk
    impalass and yonsson like this.

  3. #143
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,105

    Re: SLA017 Owner Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by zuiko View Post
    One of the things that I like most about this watch is the stealth factor.

    Up until the logo change for Grand Seiko one could pass a GS as "just a Seiko" but on at least two occasions once with a fellow professional and other time at a pawn shop the "Grand" part of my Seiko was actually recognised.

    With this only the most avid Seiko fan will know but the average person who has no idea can still see that its a nicer than average watch. It still separates itself from the average watch to the keen eye.

    To someone not into watches its completely anonymous and genuinely "just a Seiko". That can be very important to me sometimes and I love the stealth aspect.
    At least you won't need to get it insured. No burglar would care to take it.

  4. #144
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    113

    Re: SLA017 Owner Thread

    Really love it- must see in the flesh!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #145
    Member burns78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Poland, Poznań
    Posts
    582

    Re: SLA017 Owner Thread

    Probably a metal belt loops on the watch's ear when the watch is removed from the hand - the rubber band doesn't extend to the ears watch! - The loop slides across the entire rubber band!

  6. #146
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    yonsson.com
    Posts
    663

    Re: SLA017 Owner Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by burns78 View Post
    Probably a metal belt loops on the watch's ear when the watch is removed from the hand - the rubber band doesn't extend to the ears watch! - The loop slides across the entire rubber band!
    ?

  7. #147
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    yonsson.com
    Posts
    663

    Re: SLA017 Owner Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by impalass View Post
    Just from what I've read the SBDX019 (500 pieces) is the Japan only model number with the SLA017 (1500 pieces) for the international markets. I could be wrong though and it wouldn't be the first time.
    I think it's a first in modern times with different references for different markets, and there are usually some differences between Japan models with different references (like 6306 vs 6309).

    And just for thought.
    SLA015: LE version of SBDX017
    SLA017: Japan market SBDX019 (identical).

    Very strange. When SBDX019 appeared I already knew the correct non Japan reference was SLA017. So I was sure the SBDX019 was a black dialed non LE SLA017, it would have made perfect sense. But I was obviously wrong and now the confusion is at it's max. :)

  8. #148
    Member burns78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Poland, Poznań
    Posts
    582

    Re: SLA017 Owner Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by yonsson View Post
    ?
    please, Will damage and dents. I have it in Sumo with rubber strap crafterblu
    Attached Images Attached Images

    Last edited by burns78; June 17th, 2017 at 22:55.

  9. #149
    Member burns78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Poland, Poznań
    Posts
    582

    Re: SLA017 Owner Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by yonsson View Post
    I think it's a first in modern times with different references for different markets, and there are usually some differences between Japan models with different references (like 6306 vs 6309).

    And just for thought.
    SLA015: LE version of SBDX017
    SLA017: Japan market SBDX019 (identical).

    Very strange. When SBDX019 appeared I already knew the correct non Japan reference was SLA017. So I was sure the SBDX019 was a black dialed non LE SLA017, it would have made perfect sense. But I was obviously wrong and now the confusion is at it's max. :)

    **NEW and UPCOMING Seiko watches** - Page 356

    http://forums.watchuseek.com/f21/%2A...l#post42343874

  10. #150
    Member bonC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    51

    Re: SLA017 Owner Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by impalass View Post
    Just from what I've read the SBDX019 (500 pieces) is the Japan only model number with the SLA017 (1500 pieces) for the international markets. I could be wrong though and it wouldn't be the first time.

    I happened to read here there will be 2000 for each market (https://www.plus9time.com/blog/2017/...y-and-thoughts)

    /quote:

    The international release is the SLA017J1 and the Japanese release is the SBDX019. Both models will be limited to 2000 units each.

    /end quote
    Last edited by bonC; June 17th, 2017 at 23:17.
    -------------------------------------
    Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400-1er
    Rolex 14060M Submariner
    Seiko Prospex SRPA21 PADI
    Seiko SARB035

Page 15 of 261 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 65 115 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 1 guests)

  1. DVR,
  2. rrrrrlll

Similar Threads

  1. Tudor Pelagos Owner Thread
    By Hwkaholic in forum Rolex & Tudor
    Replies: 998
    Last Post: 4 Hours Ago, 04:06
  2. Sinn UX owner Thread
    By safug in forum Sinn
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 2 Weeks Ago, 16:47
  3. SLA017 updates yet??
    By bmdaia in forum Seiko & Citizen
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 30th, 2017, 03:05
  4. Seiko Astron Owner's Thread
    By NoleenELT in forum Seiko & Citizen
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: May 23rd, 2017, 12:21
  5. Owner and Watch Master Thread
    By christianj in forum Linde Werdelin
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: September 27th, 2012, 01:32

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •