SLA017 Owner Thread - Page 20
Like Tree3951Likes

Thread: SLA017 Owner Thread

Page 20 of 208 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 70 120 ... LastLast

Re: SLA017 Owner Thread

Quote Originally Posted by burns78 View Post
    You probably don't understand one, or you don't want to understand.
    The price of the watch increases when the number of Limited Edition pieces is decreasing.

Fewer copies are more expensive and more desirable - there are less.

I will laugh last if some LimitedEdition number is repeated in reference SLA017 / SBDX019
    I think everyone here understands this.

I think however that you don't understand that most reliable sources pin the production at 2000 units.

Moreover I can assure you that the price of this watch is not high for what it is even in the overinflated AUD price of $5500.

I was lukewarm on the watch in early pictures and slowly warmed as more normal pictures emerged.

Now you would have to cut my arm off to relieve me of it. As a watch re-imagined by Nobuhiro Kosugi acclaimed master horologer it is perfection. The watch is nothing short of this.

Watch Designer Nobuhiro Kosugi Awarded Medal with Yellow Ribbon | Seiko Instruments Inc.

Its materials and finish are superb. I'm not sure if the original 62MAS had the rhodium grey coloured sunburst dial but with the 3D indices and dome box crystal on top it's a master stroke.

I think anyone who gets one will be very pleased and will have a watch unlike any others on the market today.

Quote Originally Posted by zuiko View Post
    Its materials and finish are superb. I'm not sure if the original 62MAS had the rhodium grey coloured sunburst dial but with the 3D indices and dome box crystal on top it's a master stroke.

The 62MAS has a less obvious sunburst only visible in direct sunlight, sharper hour index markers, applied SEIKO logo on the dial, a not so pronounced chapter ring and less dome on the crystal.
    So there are quite a lot of visible differences between the 62MAS and the "8LMAS".
    Last edited by yonsson; June 19th, 2017 at 13:03.

Well enough, those of us here who have already ordered this watch have chosen to part with a sizeable chunk of cash, but we're sure to be rewarded with a truly great piece regardless of whether it's one of 2000 or of 4000. A truly sublime one, according to the one person here already wearing one. Exciting release, looking forward to everyone getting theirs. :)
    impalass likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedialer View Post
    Well enough, those of us here who have already ordered this watch have chosen to part with a sizeable chunk of cash, but we're sure to be rewarded with a truly great piece regardless of whether it's one of 2000 or of 4000. A truly sublime one, according to the one person here already wearing one. Exciting release, looking forward to everyone getting theirs. :)
    It's 2000, just let it go.
    https://youtu.be/XQ08wZS_NR4
    https://www.seikowatches.com/press_r...-07/index.html
    Travelller likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by yonsson View Post
    Did you not read what I actually just wrote in that post you're replying to?

Or should I say "Do you read nothing at all previously written?"

There has been no reason to take such a tone with people when they are simply looking for facts on a topic with confusion surrounding it, and doing it politely.

Did you not read what I actually just wrote in that post you're replying to?

Or should I say "Do you read nothing at all previously written?"

There has been no reason to take such a tone with people when they are simply looking for facts on a topic with confusion surrounding it, and doing it politely.
    "whether it's one of 2000 or of 4000". That's why I posted two different sources from SEIKO stating 2000. Didn't mean to be rude, so I apologize for that.
    bluedialer and ffnc1020 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by yonsson View Post
    "whether it's one of 2000 or of 4000". That's why I posted two different sources from SEIKO stating 2000. Didn't mean to be rude, so I apologize for that.
    I appreciate that, no time or interest in having arguments here :)
    Sorry to have mentioned those numbers again, it happened to be my way precisely of saying that I'm personally not going to dwell on it.

As of now, no one statement from Seiko has seemed to clearly address both references SBDX019 and SLA017 and what that relationship is.
    My hunch agrees that it is correct that they are one and the same (aside from serial numbers) and that the collective re-edition is a grand total of 2000. But I personally don't feel I can state that as the fact with absolute certainty, as much as I really would like to be able to. That's my own best view of it at this time.

With respect and best regards!
    ffnc1020 likes this.

As of now, no one statement from Seiko has seemed to clearly address both references SBDX019 and SLA017 and what that relationship is.
    My hunch agrees that it is correct that they are one and the same (aside from serial numbers) and that the collective re-edition is a grand total of 2000. But I personally don't feel I can state that as the fact with absolute certainty, as much as I really would like to be able to. That's my own best view of it at this time.

With respect and best regards!
    Well, just for the sake of the argument. If indeed seiko has 2000 of SLA017 and another 2000 of SBDX019, then someone from somewhere must've stated that seiko are making 4000 pieces of 62MAS re-issues. Which there hasn't been any sorts of official statement indicating such. So I guess it only make sense that there are just 2000 of them.

FFS.

And I'm being nice here...

Turns out I was one of the first 10 to reserve one at the NYC boutique, they have a nearly 100 person wait list. Mine will be in my hands and on the wrist soon :)
    yonsson, mtb2104 and il Pirati like this.

Page 20 of 208 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 70 120 ... LastLast

Thread Information