SLA017 Owner Thread - Page 5
Like Tree5015Likes

Thread: SLA017 Owner Thread

Page 5 of 261 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 105 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 2603
  1. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    5

    Re: SLA017 Owner Thread

    Cool!!!!

    Skickat från min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

  2. #42
    Member zuiko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    543

    Re: SLA017 Owner Thread

    Metal bracelet... this was more difficult than it should have been. The endlink has an awkward shape that meant it got caught/jammed and required some real thinking to remove and put back. This resulted in a small barely visible bend in the bracelet springbar area. It can be buffed to smooth if I take the bracelet out but I won't bother anytime soon.

    Name:  IMG_1863.JPG
Views: 1095
Size:  1.66 MB

    Clasp

    Name:  IMG_1864.JPG
Views: 1093
Size:  938.6 KB

    Name:  IMG_1868.JPG
Views: 1318
Size:  1.52 MB

    Name:  IMG_1869.JPG
Views: 1075
Size:  1.35 MB

    Name:  IMG_1865.JPG
Views: 1378
Size:  2.59 MB

    Name:  IMG_1866.JPG
Views: 1072
Size:  1.70 MB

    Name:  IMG_1867.JPG
Views: 1041
Size:  1.16 MB

    End link

    Name:  IMG_1871.JPG
Views: 1052
Size:  2.82 MB

    Name:  IMG_1873.JPG
Views: 1037
Size:  1.98 MB

    Name:  IMG_1876.JPG
Views: 1050
Size:  1.31 MB

    Name:  IMG_1881.JPG
Views: 1049
Size:  1.47 MB

    Name:  IMG_1878.JPG
Views: 1057
Size:  1.19 MB

    I am a bracelet person by nature and I'll leave this one this way for daily wear. I have another coming which I'll leave on strap.
    dosei, Gharddog03, Boone and 11 others like this.

  3. #43
    Member Toothbras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
    Posts
    18,801

    Re: SLA017 Owner Thread

    Nice!!! You must be the first, are you happy with it? Worth the price of admission? I wish this wasn't a LE
    Jlawjj likes this.

  4. #44
    Moderator Spring-Diver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Southern California (OC)
    Posts
    4,889

    Re: SLA017 Owner Thread

    Huge congrats!!! Totally awesome watch

    Cheers
    Shannon
    My Seiko's

    SBDB001 SD600M, SBDX001 Marine Master, SBDX011 Emperor Tuna, SBBN011 Darth Tuna, S23611J1 Golden Tuna, H558-5009 Arnie, 6105-8110 , 6309-7049, SRP777, SRPA21 PADI

    Aquadive: BS300 #39/500
    Aquadive: BS300 DLC #76/500

    Casio: ProTrek 2500-A1

    WantHidden Content

    Seiko SBDX019, Sinn- T1, Oris- Big Crown Pro Pilot GMT

  5. #45
    Member burns78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Poland, Poznań
    Posts
    582

    Re: SLA017 Owner Thread

    poverty! The bracelet is almost as good as the seiko sumo. I don't understand and I don't understand why this watch is 2x more expensive than sbdx001 (MM300) Seiko didn't try...!
    In my opinion this watch should not cost more than max 2500$. Seiko was too pricey
    Last edited by burns78; June 10th, 2017 at 09:58.
    GTR83 and spaniard83 like this.

  6. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    34

    Re: SLA017 Owner Thread

    Beautiful watch!! I think / hope mine is coming in about a month time... Is the strap a rubber strap or a silicone band?
    Jlawjj likes this.

  7. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    217
    Quote Originally Posted by riorio View Post
    Beautiful watch!! I think / hope mine is coming in about a month time... Is the strap a rubber strap or a silicone band?
    Silicone, comfortable, but abit of a lint magnet.

  8. #48
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,101

    Re: SLA017 Owner Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by burns78 View Post
    poverty! The bracelet is almost as good as the seiko sumo. I don't understand and I don't understand why this watch is 2x more expensive than sbdx001 (MM300) Seiko didn't try...!
    In my opinion this watch should not cost more than max 2500$. Seiko was too pricey
    I had a look at one, and next to my MM300, the crown, bezel, crystal and dial are all better finished and of a higher quality. Add in the LE status, I think the Japanese list price of 30% premium over the MM300 is fair. I didn't pull the trigger on one, as the mark up here in Australia is a much bigger premium
    G-Shock DW-6900B-9
    G-Shock MRG-110-7
    G-Shock G-5600E-1
    G-Shock GW-5000-1
    G-Shock DW-5000-1JF
    Seiko SBDX001
    Seiko SBBN013
    Oris Williams F1 Team Day Date 2008 (black dial)
    Omega Speedmaster Professional 311.30.42.30.01.005

  9. #49
    Member burns78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Poland, Poznań
    Posts
    582

    Re: SLA017 Owner Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by aalin13 View Post
    I had a look at one, and next to my MM300, the crown, bezel, crystal and dial are all better finished and of a higher quality. Add in the LE status, I think the Japanese list price of 30% premium over the MM300 is fair. I didn't pull the trigger on one, as the mark up here in Australia is a much bigger premium
    I have sbdx001 for 1800euro and sla015 for 2300euro. Also LE 200 pieces. I still do not share your opinion. SLA017=3600euro/2000 pieces. At this price Seiko could give a chronometer certificate. Still a box of china
    Last edited by burns78; June 10th, 2017 at 11:10.
    GTR83 and nupicasso like this.

  10. #50
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    yonsson.com
    Posts
    663

    Re: SLA017 Owner Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by burns78 View Post
    I have sbdx001 for 1800euro and sla015 for 2300euro. Also LE 200 pieces. I still do not share your opinion. SLA017=3600euro/2000 pieces. At this price Seiko could give a chronometer certificate. Still a box of china
    You are acting all John Snow on us now. COSC only certifies Swiss made. And the SBDX001 price isn't €1800 in EU.

Page 5 of 261 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 1 guests)

  1. DVR,
  2. rrrrrlll

Similar Threads

  1. Tudor Pelagos Owner Thread
    By Hwkaholic in forum Rolex & Tudor
    Replies: 998
    Last Post: 3 Hours Ago, 04:06
  2. Sinn UX owner Thread
    By safug in forum Sinn
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 2 Weeks Ago, 16:47
  3. SLA017 updates yet??
    By bmdaia in forum Seiko & Citizen
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 30th, 2017, 03:05
  4. Seiko Astron Owner's Thread
    By NoleenELT in forum Seiko & Citizen
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: May 23rd, 2017, 12:21
  5. Owner and Watch Master Thread
    By christianj in forum Linde Werdelin
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: September 27th, 2012, 01:32

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •