WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Sun Kinetics

2K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  hantms 
#1 ·
Thinking of picking one up. How durable are these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Reactions: mcnabbanov
#8 ·
^^^ Yes, movement is practically indestructible under normal use, and intentional abuse.

#17 ·
That's not a recommendation for a full (movement) service, it's only a recommendation to have the seals inspected. They do this because it's still a professional dive watch, so they have to recommend that you look at the gaskets every couple of years.

Manual of my new BFK also mentions it.

#13 ·
As long as you wear them at least once every two weeks or so, Kinetic are great watches, especially as a daily driver. They like to be used to keep charged.

SUN023 GMT diver

SUN025 GMT

SUN043 GMT 50th Anniversary Seiko

#15 ·
As stated above, if you're not going to wear it regularly, don't get a kinetic.

The SUN series are pretty darn tough. Unless you're running a jackhammer 40+ hours a week, you shouldn't worry. I've worn mine while running a chainsaw, mower, trimmer, blower, drill, sander, etc... with zero issues. I've also dinged mine around quite a bit with no ill effects.

I think your wrist would probably give way first.

#16 ·
Had a SUN023 and loved it until I saw a SUN045 50th Anniversary Model. What got me was the all black shroud and case. The accuracy is exceptional and set it once 4 months ago and is off by 1 second.....Also took off the rubber strap and put on a kevlar strap.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Black Strap

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.