Tip Thread - Page 2
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Tip Thread

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: what to do when the diver's extension on your bracelet is digging into your wrist

Some folks, especially those of us with smaller wrists, find that the diver's extensions on watches like the Monster and the BFK dig painfully into our wrists.

There is a quick and easy solution that doesn't require you to buy any new accessories. Simply remove the bracelet, flip it around, and reattach it to the watch. The end that was attached at 6 o'clock should now be attached at 12 o'clock, and vice versa. This places the diver's extension on the far side of your wrist where it is more comfortable - the only downside is that the buckle is now "backwards" and can be slightly more difficult to manipulate.
    serdal23 and RedRonin27 like this.
    Cheers,
    Ben "LBD"

Re: what to do when the diver's extension on your bracelet is digging into your wrist

Just want to add that I was about to send out my SPORK for service because the stem grittiness was getting very unpleasant. After ten minutes with dental floss the improvement is tremendous.

Regards to all,

Ed B.
    ericlegeek likes this.

Tailor make your rubber strap to suit your wrist..super comfy!

Most of this post is on another thread but thought it would be a good addition here.

I have a Seiko Z-22 rubber divers strap and after market flat divers rubber, both were straight ridged and very uncomfortable, they now feel softer and fit like a glove after I formed it to shape with boiling water.

Its easy to do just put the buckle through the hole that you would if you had it on your wrist, wrap a few elastic bands around any parts that might stick out like the end of the holed length, I made mine a oval shape to match the shape of my wrist with the use of blue tac and elastic bands, dropped it in a straight sided mug and made some Seiko tea!! leave to stew for a couple of minutes and quench with cold water... disclaimer - obviously take the watch off the strap first

Not only is it comfortable but it has softened up slightly and feels like I imagine it would if you wore it for 5 years...Pic shows how the straps retain their shape even when loose..

Can even make the the end of the holed part of the strap blend in with the shape as it is annoying when it sticks out.

Re: Tailor make your rubber strap to suit your wrist..super comfy!

Found a cheap or actually FREE way to clean the gunk out of the underside of a watch, using them little plastic toothpicks you can nick from restaurants which sit on the table wrapped in paper.

You can press real hard and they don't scratch the watch at all, or use a toothbrush.

Re: Tailor make your rubber strap to suit your wrist..super comfy!

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Most of this post is on another thread but thought it would be a good addition here.

I have a Seiko Z-22 rubber divers strap and after market flat divers rubber, both were straight ridged and very uncomfortable, they now feel softer and fit like a glove after I formed it to shape with boiling water.

Its easy to do just put the buckle through the hole that you would if you had it on your wrist, wrap a few elastic bands around any parts that might stick out like the end of the holed length, I made mine a oval shape to match the shape of my wrist with the use of blue tac and elastic bands, dropped it in a straight sided mug and made some Seiko tea!! leave to stew for a couple of minutes and quench with cold water... disclaimer - obviously take the watch off the strap first

Not only is it comfortable but it has softened up slightly and feels like I imagine it would if you wore it for 5 years...Pic shows how the straps retain their shape even when loose..

Can even make the the end of the holed part of the strap blend in with the shape as it is annoying when it sticks out.
    Love the color variants. Looks awesome!
    Dec1968 likes this.
    Watch noob!

Re: Tip Thread

Awesome idea with the dental floss. Since reading this tip I've done the dental floss tip on all my divers. They screw down so much easier now. Thank you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Some folks, especially those of us with smaller wrists, find that the diver's extensions on watches like the Monster and the BFK dig painfully into our wrists.

There is a quick and easy solution that doesn't require you to buy any new accessories. Simply remove the bracelet, flip it around, and reattach it to the watch. The end that was attached at 6 o'clock should now be attached at 12 o'clock, and vice versa. This places the diver's extension on the far side of your wrist where it is more comfortable - the only downside is that the buckle is now "backwards" and can be slightly more difficult to manipulate.
    Another tip is that when you sizing your bracelet then shorten it only on the 6 o'clock side. Then the buckle should be less in the way when sitting with your wrist and arm on a table.
    ebow3d and bjdean16 like this.

Want to achieve a uniform brushed metal finish on you case or band?

Use a fiberglass jewelers brush. Works great for revitalizing scuffed bands and clasps that have directional striations.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=191059601220

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    Eielson likes this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by robfurrow View Post
    Want to achieve a uniform brushed metal finish on you case or band?

Use a fiberglass jewelers brush. Works great for revitalizing scuffed bands and clasps that have directional striations.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=191059601220

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    Great tip but keep in mind that some metals have a treatment on them so by using that brush, you may be inadvertently sanding it off and may allow scratches to occur easier or sometimes even rust/discolorations

For sizing the pin-and-collar bracelets found on monsters, I used the fat side of the pin I removed to re-fit the collars.

So, when I resized my bracelet, I removed two pins and removed the unnecessary links. Then, i refit the two ends of the bracelet together and insert one of the pins. I dropped the collar into the opposite side and used the fat end of the remaining pin to seat the collar on the pin in the bracelet.

Voila, no need to fiddle with two paperclips, screwdrivers or bracelet tools that are too narrow.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information