Tokyo trip - thoughts and ideas

Thread: Tokyo trip - thoughts and ideas

Tokyo trip - thoughts and ideas

Fellow WUS-members,

In less than one month I'll have the opportunity to spend a very short period of time in Tokyo on a business trip. If everything goes according to plan I should be arriving in the early afternoon on a Saturday which would leave me the Saturday evening and the Sunday to explore Tokyo in my free time.

This will be my first trip to Japan, and what better way to remember this by than to buy a Japanese watch. Thanks to a variety of excellent threads on WUS I've been able to identify a few shops (the likes of Yodabashi camera and others) which I should be able to visit on the Saturday evening given that it seems these shops are open quite late (please correct me if I'm wrong). The story and history of Seiko intrigue me, which has put some watches on my radar (amonst other the rather handsome looking SARB017). I've spent most of my watch money for the year on a Nomos for my wedding, so I'm on a relatively tight budget (around JPY 50k). The goal of this watch is to serve as my beater and will be mostly worn during the weekend with casual outfits.

My question to you is if there are still some JDM Seiko's which rarely make it out of Japan. I know that a lot of internet shops offer JDM models, but are there still some left exclusive to Japan? I'm thinking along the lines of store-specific models or other Japan limited editions? If so, any info on these will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Re: Tokyo trip - thoughts and ideas

The Royal Orient is virtually unseen outside of Japan, but that's way outside your budget. I can't think of any watch in your budget that hasn't made its way out of Japan, mainly because your budget is more in the affordable bracket, which is nearly everyone else's price bracket too.

I can't, either, in your price range.

There are store-specific GS limited editions, and some lesser known high end mechanical watches from Orient and Citizen, very rare outside of Japan, but they are at least times 5 your budget.

Nice touch to spend your budget early in the year on a Nomos for your wedding, now you see the downside to it...... .

Buen viaje y que disfrutes. Mandame un privado si necesitas más información.

Plenty of options!

http://www.neuve-a.net/TiCTAC/shop/c/c1072/

Personally, I would rather have the Sony fes watch as a momento for the trip though.

https://first-flight.sony.com/pj/feswatch

Cheers!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

For a trip to Tokyo as you mentioned, do not miss going to Yodobashi and BIC Camera. Both have very JDM models and have a lot of other brands to offer as well. In Ginza there is a large Seiko boutique. Tokyo is a watch shopper's paradise if you like JDM.
    calibre.x = Instagram

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by C4L18R3 View Post
    For a trip to Tokyo as you mentioned, do not miss going to Yodobashi and BIC Camera. Both have very JDM models and have a lot of other brands to offer as well. In Ginza there is a large Seiko boutique. Tokyo is a watch shopper's paradise if you like JDM.
    I find it terrible the way they showcase those watches. They really cheapen them

Thread Information