Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: A Trip to Tokyo

An enjoyable read :)

Man, arthritis... don't mind me asking: how old are you? ;p

Quote Originally Posted by mrfourcows View Post
    An enjoyable read :)

Man, arthritis... don't mind me asking: how old are you? ;p
    I'm going 38 next month Sir. Our country has a lot of very tempting food around. I resisted buying a kilo or two of roasted pig yesterday as my foot still aches a little bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    hiroanz likes this.
    GW-200Z
    G-9000MS MIRB
    DW-5600MS MIRB
    Victorinox Classic Chrono Ti
    SEIKO 6309s
    SEIKO OM
    SS ECOZILLA
    SEIKO TUNA 7549-7010
    SEIKO TUNA SBBN007

Looks very nice on that brown leather. Couldn't imagine Book Off selling a GS. I will check next time! What did you pay them?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Harry Flashman View Post
    Looks very nice on that brown leather. Couldn't imagine Book Off selling a GS. I will check next time! What did you pay them?
    Thanks! Was gonna get a Hirsch but this italian leather hit the spot in my opinion. Great for casual attire as what I wear everyday :)

Actually I saw the store on my last visit to Japan. Thought the prices were pretty high as I wanted to buy a JDM G-Shock but only a couple of thousand yen difference for a new one. This time I went to check out Japanese jeans and was surprised too to see a GS. I think there was a Sarb and an Orientstar too when I got this GS. I used credit card for payment, something to do with airline mileage.

GW-200Z
    G-9000MS MIRB
    DW-5600MS MIRB
    SEIKO 6309s
    SEIKO OM
    SS ECOZILLA
    SEIKO TUNA 7549-7010
    SEIKO TUNA SBBN007

Mabuhay John, that was a fun read - would love to do something similar to what you just did. In particular the second hand watch stores as vintage tends to be my thing. Well done!
    Longstride.

Anonimo/Sinn/Kobold
    Rolex/MKII/Seiko/Fortis

Very interesting read and cool photos. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jkchua View Post
    That strap is perfect with that GS, great find!
    Sevenmack and Bill Adler like this.
    My Timepieces (in chronological order of acquisition)

Omega Speedmaster 3513.30.00
    Breitling Chronomat Evolution A13356

@shakin_jake, I think it was the very cold weather as it went as low as 0-1degree celcius while we were there.

~~~cold weather affects my bum knee too, and we're just getting into cooler weather here in north central Fla. I'm more used to 90 degrees Fahrenheit...it's cooler now, in the 80's, but sunny=:-)

Seriously though, when it gets really cold here, and the horse trough will freeze some nights, I'm a lame duck, and just don't do that well when the temps go down

Ate too much sashimi too at Genki Sushi before the attack, does sashimi have too much uric acid? My friend told me it triggered my gout attack.

uric acid and sashimi?, I guess protein foods especially meats will cause gout, they call it protein induced calcuria IIRC. I've had some gout issues in the past but seems to be under control. Before I forget, we used to eat at a Sushi rest. sometimes twice a week when we lived 30 miles north of Key West (yeah, I was a big pioneer, BPK) but I/we were in our 30's then (been up here 20 + years) and it seems I've had my issues with arthritis as my age has increased (just turned 60)

I'm also taking celecoxib 200mg whenever i feel the pain will be starting and it won't push through the next day. I don't take it daily as the doctor and pharmacist told me it is dangerous for the liver. Chili eating helps too I think. I eat too much bad food like pork fats, internal organs, etc. and my gout arthritis attacks on a twice a year average.

Really regret not taking meds with me on a trip, as I could've bought a few more affordables last two days of our trip :)

~~~I've been on Celebrex day in and day out for the last 6 years, the DO that initially prescribed it to me said it was safe. That said, my last pain management doctor was emphatic, trying to get me to stop or at least slow down with the celecoxib, but my osteoarthritis is bad enough, that even if I try taking it every other day, I have trouble walking, now she was the only one that ever said anything about Celebrex being harmful...my pharmacist knows I'm taking it daily and he never dissuaded me from using it

You say chili helps.. do you mean chili pepper? I like heat but the girls in my house don't so when I use heat it's mainly shaken from a bottle, and lately that's been Cholula Chipotle. I do like the Korean chili pepper powder, and paste (Gochugaru, Gochu Jang), I make it up as a sauce and douse my chicken wings in it, that way the girls can eat their grilled wings (having some again Thursday) with only seasoning salt/black pepper. Bee @ Rasa Malaysia has a good online Korean Spicy chicken wings recipe...she bakes hers, I change it up by grilling mine over charcoal...cooking and turning over direct coals to render fat initially, then I move the wings in the center, over a drip pan filled with water and the coals are off to the sides. I also put soaked wood chips (hickory) on top of the coals for a little smoke flavor. Sorry, but I digress!

I have read that organ meats are bad for gout

Best,

Jake
    Reddick Fla.

@longstride, thanks! If you're into swiss the photos I posted here are a half of the watch photos I took. Definitely a paradise for vintage watch nuts like us, you must visit

Inlandsurfer, thank you Sir

Vohkuhl, thanks! Was really planning on going to Ginza on that Wako GS store and might find a genuine leather for a GS but the foot incident happened Happy with the combo though. I've always wanted a brown strap for a white dialed watch

@shakin_jake, my arthiris started on my knee. When I got to the apartment it transferred to the foot. When I got home and finally able to take meds, it transferred to my other foot! I have a friend there who just transferred from NC to Jacksonville and a sister too not sure which part though. At least you have centralized heater or a fireplace to keep you warm and prevent the arthritis to penetrate right?

First time went for a check up the doc precribed me a 2-3month meds and switch to Celecoxib after that when in intense pain. Seems to work past couple of years. Just really regret nit bringing them with me during my trip. Now I've leaned the hard way and will not confidently go to another country without meds. Language barrier made it difficult for me to purchase meds in Japan.

Yes I'm a chilihead (pepper) every house meal I take around 5-10pcs of native labuyo (small chilies) for a little soy sauce or vinegar. Kinda immune to it now and buying hot sauces now imported from the states made with ghost peppers I think it really works Sir as I have been eating kinda unhealthy again these past few days and of course with chilies, and nada. Walking now normally We've got the same set up, all girls in house too ha! And I just make sure carefully not to mix my food and utensils with theirs as I'd be sleeping in the couch if I did By the way, that chili wings me craving, I'll probabaly have some when my hot sauce arrives later or tomorrow.

Thanks for the concern about the arthitis and gout Sir Jake, appreciate it

Sevenmack likes this.
    GW-200Z
    G-9000MS MIRB
    DW-5600MS MIRB
    SEIKO 6309s
    SEIKO OM
    SS ECOZILLA
    SEIKO TUNA 7549-7010
    SEIKO TUNA SBBN007

@jkchau making my hands itch for a SARB035 or just wait for my trip back to Japan in two years...
    My Timepieces (in chronological order of acquisition)

Omega Speedmaster 3513.30.00
    Breitling Chronomat Evolution A13356

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information