Turtle: I have a Gilt 775, But those blue and PADI versions sure do look good!
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Turtle: I have a Gilt 775, But those blue and PADI versions sure do look good!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Turtle: I have a Gilt 775, But those blue and PADI versions sure do look good!

I got my gilt gold turtle a couple months ago and absolutely love the thing. I really like how different the gold accents are but I lack a blue watch in my collection and really like the Turtle.
    I don't think I could bring myself to own two of the same watch, so I'm conflicted on trying to trade my turtle for a blue or perhaps a PADI one?
    What do you think, is BLUE > GOLD?

Re: Turtle: I have a Gilt 775, But those blue and PADI versions sure do look good!

I really like the black/gold, I'd get something unique like the Blue Lagoon Samurai or Blumo if you have an itch for a blue watch.
    Seiko SRP779 "Pepsi Turtle"
    Tissot T Touch II
    Garmin VivoActive

Re: Turtle: I have a Gilt 775, But those blue and PADI versions sure do look good!

If you like rocking the gold which I don't blame you for, I think your choices are limited in that area. Blue divers are all over the place though so...if you don't want two of the same species I say keep the gold srp and wait for a "blue-something-new" to experiment with. My vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by macchina View Post
    I got my gilt gold turtle a couple months ago and absolutely love the thing. I really like how different the gold accents are but I lack a blue watch in my collection and really like the Turtle.
    I don't think I could bring myself to own two of the same watch, so I'm conflicted on trying to trade my turtle for a blue or perhaps a PADI one?
    What do you think, is BLUE > GOLD?

Haha what a sexy pose 775! Will definitely attract the Blue and PADI turtles

I personally think the 775 is the best of the SRP's. I'd say get a Blumo if you don't want two of the same watch. After you get one I'm betting the 775 won't get as much wrist time anyway. At least that's what happened to me, so I sold both my 775 and 779.
    hikeNbike and Kinesis like this.
    Alpina Startimer Pilot Big Date Pilot PVD Chronograph
    Citizen Promaster Professional BN0151-09L
    Gavox ​Avidiver PVD
    Mido Ocean Star Captain V Titanium
    Seiko
    Shogun SBDC007, Sumo SBDC003, Tuna SBBN017, SKX173, SKX175​, SKX779, & SKX781

I've been tempted by the Blumo many times but that 20mm bracelet and mineral glass for that price just doesn't quite do it for me. I'd jump if it came in Sapphire...
    Last edited by macchina; 2 Days Ago at 04:10.

I have a 773, 775 and 779 and the 775 is my favorite of the lot. Though I dig all of them. I agree with other posters if you don't want two of the same watch blumo would be a great way to go. Happen to have a blumo and and never had an issue with the crystal is thick and sturdy. Watch is finished really well, it's a great watch.

yadda yadda tapatalk

Great photo! The black and gold ​is really sharp. Who says you can't have both? I got the PADI, but maybe I'll get a 775 too.

Name:  45082ee9e6a3ed16c4f50b59cc33dbe6.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  67.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by macchina View Post
    I've been tempted by the Blumo many times but that 20mm bracelet and mineral glass for that price just doesn't quite do it for me. I'd jump if it came in Sapphire...
    Used Blumos can be had for $350 easily. Sapphire is overrated imo as I've never had an issue with hardlex. Thought maybe the 20mm bracelet would bug me also, but it really works well with the watch. Tapers to 18mm also, which I think would have been a benefit on the SRP bracelet.
    Lee_K, ahonobaka and funnyperson1 like this.
    Alpina Startimer Pilot Big Date Pilot PVD Chronograph
    Citizen Promaster Professional BN0151-09L
    Gavox ​Avidiver PVD
    Mido Ocean Star Captain V Titanium
    Seiko
    Shogun SBDC007, Sumo SBDC003, Tuna SBBN017, SKX173, SKX175​, SKX779, & SKX781

You can also put the sumo on a crafter rubber and it rocks or buy a strapcode bracelet for it.

yadda yadda tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information