Thread: Verifying Real Citizen by Serial Number

Verifying Real Citizen by Serial Number

Hi all,
    I just bought a new Citizen Calibre 4700 for my girlfriend from eBay and I want to see if I can verify that it is real. I know I should have probably done this before I bought it but I actually didn't think they made Citizen fakes since frankly most of them are just not that expensive. Anyway, here is a pic (sorry for quality, I took it with my phone) and I was wondering if anyone knew a way to verify by serial number on the back?
    Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Banned

Re: Verifying Real Citizen by Serial Number

Looks genuine to me. But we need a clear pic of the caseback to see the serial numbers.

COA can do a quick check for you also.

contact Citizenwatchco (they are a member here - see sticky at the top of this forum) and ask them. Make sure to provide multiple high quality macro pictures of the watch, including it's caseback, and write down all the information written on the caseback in your e-mail. Also, as you mentioned, the next time, it is better to do this before you buy.

The only way to determine if a watch is authentic or not is through physical examination. Counterfeiters have gotten very clever and duplicating numbers and such.

It is for this reason we always recommend purchasing from an authorized dealer or known source.

Sincerely
    Customer Service
    COA

Quote Originally Posted by Isthmus View Post
    contact Citizenwatchco (they are a member here - see sticky at the top of this forum) and ask them. Make sure to provide multiple high quality macro pictures of the watch, including it's caseback, and write down all the information written on the caseback in your e-mail. Also, as you mentioned, the next time, it is better to do this before you buy.

Thread Information