Watch for flight attendant? - Page 2
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Watch for flight attendant?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: Watch for flight attendant?

Citizen do a ladies radio controlled AT World Time Watch that is within your budget.

Looks like a smart piece for her line of work, very functional, just the right size, and nicely feminine too. It seems ideal.
    jtaka1, Laso1, ehansen and 6 others like this.

First, I think ShaggyDog nailed it with a great suggestion.

With over 30 years on the other side of the cockpit door I have a few thoughts: The nature of the job is hard on a F/A's watch. The watch has to be tough - getting banged around the galley, having wine (or less pleasant things) spilled on them, etc. But most flight attendants also want a watch that will look good with the uniform, particularly if working for one of the airlines that have more formal uniform attire. Readability at a quick glance in low light conditions is also a plus. You didn't mention what airline but most new flight attendants with a flag carrier aren't going to do much international at first, spending most of their short overnights within a couple of timezones of home, so some multiple time zone piece is nice but not essential. Bottom line: It should be tough, classy, easy to read, and low maintenance. Hey, sounds just like us guys!
    Seriously, congrats to her and best wishes on her new career. Also good on you for being a thoughtful brother.
    Rocat, Davidka and Atleo like this.

A nice feature of any of the Citizen World Time A-T watches is that it's really easy to change the time when you're in a new time zone. You just pull the crown one click, rotate the crown to the correct time zone, then push the crown back in and watch the hands rotate to the correct time.

A disadvantage of some of these watches is that they don't show two time zones at once, which may or may not be important. Edit: The one shown above does appear to have a subdial that can show a second time zone.
    Last edited by GaryK30; 1 Week Ago at 20:43.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyDog View Post
    Citizen do a ladies radio controlled AT World Time Watch that is within your budget.

Looks like a smart piece for her line of work, very functional, just the right size, and nicely feminine too. It seems ideal.
    Good suggestion. It has some Tiffany blue on the hands which most women like.
    Laso1 and Atleo like this.
    "When as a child I laughed and wept, time crept. When as a youth I waxed more bold, time strolled. When I became a full-grown man, time RAN. When older still I daily grew, time FLEW. Soon I shall find, in passing on, time gone. O Christ! wilt Thou have saved me then? Amen." - Henry Twells

Seiko Tuna SBBN035 | Tag Heuer Professional 2000 | Tag Heuer Aquaracer WAY2110

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyDog View Post

This is a great piece. I need to check that out and see what color combinations are available. It maybe he answer or close to it.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Laso1 likes this.
    Forgive my typographical errors. This was sent from a mobile device.

Take note that depending on where she intends to fly or where her employer assigns her to fly, not every country has atomic radio control signal. In fact most of the world does not. Ideal would be GPS controlled except that most are huge and overly complicated.
    Atleo likes this.
    'Judge with your eyes not your ears'.
    Casio> DW5600, EF503D. Omega> AquaTerra2500, PlanetOcean2500. Seiko> SARB033, SARG007, SBDC007 'Shogun', SBDX017 'MarineMaster300', SKX007, SRP773 'BlueTurtle', SRP777 'BlackTurtle', TagHeuer> Aquaracer WAP2010. Timex> Ironman.

I might get hung for suggesting this, but what about one of the Glycine vintage line watches. I think they have then all the way down to 38mm.

Cosign the citizen. As functional as they are, G Shocks are hardly stylish watches.

Name:  IMGP4291-Edit.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  437.2 KBName:  IMGP4280-Edit.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  1.03 MB

Casio Oceanus

Be well,

AZ
    "There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that provides the difficulties."
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

I got my wife the Ladies version of the Citizen World Time Atomic Time and it looks great!

Name:  1083511.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  191.5 KB
    ShaggyDog and Atleo like this.
    I think Colonel Sanders is going to be named Secretary of Nutrition.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information