Thread: What happened to the Seiko Black Bay Mod Thread?

What happened to the Seiko Black Bay Mod Thread?

I was following the thread about Jake B's Seiko Tudor Black Bay mod project with interest. Just came back to check on the status but can't find where's it gone to. Anyone know what happened?

Re: What happened to the Seiko Black Bay Mod Thread?

Omega Speedmaster Professional
    Rolex Submariner
    Seiko Marinemaster 600
    Tudor Heritage Black Bay

I see. Thanks Buzz. Will check out Jake's website for updates then.

There should be some sort of compromise on this. Look at how much of the Seiko forum is mod related.
    Last edited by dmckean44; May 19th, 2012 at 15:30.

Quote Originally Posted by dmckean44 View Post
    Tell Jake you love him dearly!
    I'm confused by this comment.
    6309-7049 / SQ 7049 Hybrid / 7n42-6139 / 6602-8050 / SARB017 / 6139-6002

I wanna get a word in before this one gets locked...

frankly, I don't understand these closures. The mods on this board (been on quite a few boards over the past 15 years are so) and these are the strictest mods I've ever come across. That's fine it people want rules, we have to live by them. I don't plan to break them personally...

But when it comes to killing interesting discussions, I don't get it. They are cutting these threads down when they have been done before! What's the difference between this one and the FFF dial, FFF caseback ones? Not to pick on those (beautiful stuff) but they are the ones that come to mind.

What's different that make the Black Bay mod threads a threat to this board? Is it because JakeB put his logo on the dial?

More importantly, couldn't we shift the thread to another board altogether where mods won't shut it down?
    _Anth
    _Casio-Edifice EFA-124 worldtime _Citizen NY2300 Pepsi _DeepBlue All-Purpose 1k

_Seiko SNDA67 chrono _Seiko SKX779 _Seiko SKX007.2 mod _Seiko SNZG15 military 5
    _Seiko SKXPMMM.2 mod _Seiko 6309-7040
    (Dec. 80 rfrb/mod)
    _Seiko 7002-7000 (Jul. 91 rfrb/mod)
    _Seiko SRP227
    StainlessShroud _Seiko5 SNXS79 _Seiko SCC031 Solar Pepsi _Seiko SNKL45

Quote Originally Posted by timetellinnoob View Post
    I wanna get a word in before this one gets locked...

frankly, I don't understand these closures. The mods on this board (been on quite a few boards over the past 15 years are so) and these are the strictest mods I've ever come across. That's fine it people want rules, we have to live by them. I don't plan to break them personally...

But when it comes to killing interesting discussions, I don't get it. They are cutting these threads down when they have been done before! What's the difference between this one and the FFF dial, FFF caseback ones? Not to pick on those (beautiful stuff) but they are the ones that come to mind.

What's different that make the Black Bay mod threads a threat to this board? Is it because JakeB put his logo on the dial?

More importantly, couldn't we shift the thread to another board altogether where mods won't shut it down?
    Unfortunately it does say in the rules they don't want companies to start advertising their businesses on the boards. It probably has more to do with other companies paying to be able to advertise on this board. They would see it as "why do they have to pay" when these two companies are getting their advertising for free.

It is an unfortunate part of business, but to keep the board running it needs sponsors, to keep the sponsors happy, rules and agreements have to be followed. It does make for a harsh decision, but at the end of the day financial decisions are always more sound for longevity then emotional wants.

I feel sorry for the mods to have to make the decisions, but the board needs to keep growing and prospering.

Buzz
    Omega Speedmaster Professional
    Rolex Submariner
    Seiko Marinemaster 600
    Tudor Heritage Black Bay

Quote Originally Posted by timetellinnoob View Post
    Is it because JakeB put his logo on the dial?

I think you hit the nail on the head, and I totally understand the moderators point. I love Jake's work but as far as I know it's not his only job, and I'm sure if he was making the kind of money on what is to him a love of the hobby, as some of the forum sponsors do as their full time businesses, then I'm sure he would become a sponsor also and the moderators would have no issue. And I would think Jake and the original poster would agree.

As far as putting the thread on another board, if you read this thread although yes post are now lost, Jake has provided pictures and a place to post about this mod on his site.
    Last edited by leroytwohawks; May 19th, 2012 at 08:31.
    Current watches: Citizen Eco-Drive Skyhawk Atomic JY0000-53E. Custom built Vintage style watch with 15 Jewel Swiss Rolex/Cortebert 616 movement with custom made dial and re-shaped case.
    Watches now sold or traded: Seiko Marinemaster SBDX001 traded ;-( but know I will buy one again, Seiko Alpinist SARB061, 2 Lum-Tec Combat B-1's, 2 Omega Seamasters, Omega Speedmaster, Anonimo Millemetri, Anonimo Militare, Hamilton Officers Chrono, Citizen Skyhawk, Rolex Day Date, Tudor Prince, Steinhart Ocean One, Seiko Mil Sub Mod, Seiko FFF Mod, Seiko Sumo, Seiko Spring Drive, Sinn Hydro Prototype, Bell & Ross Bomb Squad, BaliHa'i CaliHa'i, Luminox Black Ops and many more over the years I just can't remember.

Thread Information