What is the model number for this Seiko?

Thread: What is the model number for this Seiko?

-->

Question What is the model number for this Seiko?

Can anyone here please tell me what is the model number for either the Men's or Lady's Seiko Kinetic Auto Relay pictured below? Also, any idea where I could possible buy either or both as NOS? Any assistanse would be much appreciated. Thanks.

nero

Re: What is the model number for this Seiko?

Looks to me like a 5M42 when I did a Google search I found this one.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Seiko-Kinetic-Ar...QQcmdZViewItem

I don't know if there are any NOS left, probably somewhere. I used to have one, and I still have my 5m42-oe39....it needs a capacitor and probably a battery by now....It's been dead for years.
    Regards Sonny
    Last edited by SonnyD; August 5th, 2007 at 05:39.
    Motorcycling is my LIFE..
    2011 Harley Davidson Super Glide Custom FXDC

Thank you SonnyD.

The watch from the ebay link looks similar, but is not exactly the same. I'm looking for one without the extra button (I don't know what that button does) that the ebay one has, and has an all stainless steel (no rubber) band/bracelet.

A few years ago I bought a NOS lady's (I have small wrists so the lady's doesn't look too small on me) Kinetic Auto Relay that is very, very similar to the one in my pic (mine has an all stainless steel band/bracelet -like the ones in my pic- and a red stripe on the right side of the dial, rather than the bluish-grey stripe of the ones in my pic). Unfortunately, I lost the instruction manual for the watch and I don't know what model number it is. However, on the back of my watch it has 5J22-0D10. I've googled that, but came up with nothing. (Though, I did learn that 5J22 is a watch movement.) Even though the lady's version looks OK on me, I'd really like to find the larger men's version.

Again, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

nero

Banned

The extra button on Seiko/Pulsar Kinetics is to check the power level of the capacitor. The watches that have this feature will have an odd looking meter than runs halfway around the dial of the watch. If you wait until the second hand hits the 12 o clock position to push the button and the second hand jumps all the way to the 6 o clock mark, you are at full power. Here's a picture of my old Pulsar Kinetic.

The meter goes red/yellow/green. As you can see from my picture, the meter is faded now.

Yeah, it's for checking the power leverl, the Auto Relay's are different from the Kinetic Relay's, but I don't remember now what the difference is, I think it has a sleep mode where any inactivity for 3 days and it saves power by not adjusting the hands. The picture you showed, I believe is just a standard Kinetic relay, they all have the 2nd button. The model number I believe should start with SKH, the broken one I have left is an SKH305.

Regards Sonny

SUCCESS!!!

After more hours searching on the internet I came across this (scroll to the bottom of the page):

http://www.watches-lexic.ch/pages/en...wat/seiko2.htm

I found the pics I posted in this thread from the french language version of the above page, but it didn't list the model # (what is it with the french making things tough for us yanks....) :

http://www.watches-lexic.ch/pages/fr/gal/wat/seiko2.htm

So now I know that I looking for SMA143P and/or SMA881P, my problem is where can I find these two beasties....

Anyone here have any idea whatsoever where I could find one or both of these watches as NOS?

SonnyD & Torrid, thanks very much for your help thus far. If either of you or anyone else has any idea (other than ebay, where I'm already checking) where I can find one or both of these watches please let me know.

nero

Hey, Glad you found it. I don't have any ideas as far as finding a new one. Those seem to be around 6 to 7 years old. I'm not sure how good the battery would fare on a NOS model if it's been setting discharged for that long of time?
    Good Luck in your search!
    Regards Sonny

Thread Information