WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Where to send my 1997 Seiko Chronograph?

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Kidder 
#1 ·
I have a 1997 Seiko Chronograph that leaked while on a scuba dive. It is rated at 200m but leaked at a dive of no deeper than 90 feet. I sent it to Seiko to get fixed (the warranty was expired) and the day I got it back, it fogged up. It stopped working not longer after and some of the lume indicators came off. There appears to be a bit of surface rust on the face.

Where would you send it? The model is: 7T32-7E49. Here's some of the specs:

Seiko
Chronograph
Water Resist
200M
7T32-7E49
Sapphlex Crystal Stainless Steel

and through a search I found some info (with a better picture) which says:

"Your Seiko is the SDWC47P

This is what it SHOULD look like:

See less See more
#3 ·
That watch has alarm function so it' a quartz ;)

#5 ·
I had a 7T32 movement watch that needed a pusher replaced. I had a hard time finding someone who would even look at it. Your problem is much more difficult. If a Seiko service facility can't help you, I suggest you find a donor watch and swap movements.

Good luck!

#7 ·
If the watch does nto have any particular sentimental value, etc, I'd personally just take it as an opportunity to get a new watch!

Lots of 7t32 chronos around (the bay, etc) for under $100, Which is probably cheaper than getting this one back to prime condition.

#10 ·
If the watch does nto have any particular sentimental value, etc, I'd personally just take it as an opportunity to get a new watch!

Lots of 7t32 chronos around (the bay, etc) for under $100, Which is probably cheaper than getting this one back to prime condition.
It is extremely sentimental since my wife (fiancee') at the time gave it to me as an engagement present. Now it sits quietly in my watch display case.

#11 ·
I would not send it to Coserv. They are not that good.

I would send it to Ken Setser as soon as possible. I've sent him a problem Seiko chronograph. I was very impressed with his work.

Contact Ushttp://www.abouttimewatches.com/index.html

Joe Mamma
Thanks! I will contact Ken as soon as possible. The first thing I plan on doing, though, is to unscrew the back to take a look inside. (I need to order a tool first.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.