crown seal with Oris Diver?

Thread: crown seal with Oris Diver?

crown seal with Oris Diver?

Hi everyone,

Just got an Oris Diver Titan C Date 1000m; this is it:
    Oris Divers Titan "C" Small Second, Date Titanium Ceramic Watch Review | aBlogtoWatch

Question:

After completing the usual tread-turns normally, the crown is finally ready to be tightened. And it tightens/locks with 1/4 cycle turn only! I mean, it turns freely until that point, then it suddenly becomes tight, feels like the seal is very rigid, or there is no seal. I can't feel the soft rubber seal going down as I feel when tightening the TAG Aquaracer Calibre5, 500m. Is that normal with this brand? Does it have anything to do with its being 1000meters (different type of seal)? Or?

Thanks for the attention!))

Re: crown seal with Oris Diver?

I have managed to come up with a couple of interpretations of your post. If the crown screws down normally from the winding position and comes to a sudden stop after a couple of turns I would say that is normal as there is only a bit of compression in the Oris seals but not a lot and this "give" can only be felt easily on brand new watches (I'm guessing that your C may be pre-owned, forgive me if it's new)
    If the crown only turns 1/4 of a rev from the winding position it may be a sign that the crown/crown tube are cross threaded and it is best to have an Oris mend-it man look at it.

Re: crown seal with Oris Diver?

Sticky, thanks for the attention. It does the screw down normally: after moving inwards after winding, it turns almost 4 rounds before reaching the seal, so thread is new. And the watch is also brand new from an authorized dealer in Canada. But the compression -yes, the right word is 'compression' is little when compared to TAG. Anyways, today I visited another authorzd. dealer in Istanbul, they dont have my model but they took out 4 Aquis divers for me, they all were the same!!!!!! So, as you said, Oris has a little compression, unlike TAG. With TAG, I feel the soft rubber goes down for 2 milimeters almost..))
    Yes, I will show it to an Oris mechanic also)), thanks))

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thread Information