WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Oris aquis first impressions

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Kreggyaol 
#1 ·
Thanks to everyone that commented on my clasp question. I received the Aquis just a few hours ago and I wanted to post my initial impressions. It's exactly what I was hoping it would be! The rubber strap is awesome and it's so easy to get the perfect fit and quick to adjust. I've been using the skx009 as a sort of placeholder and I've come to realize that I'm an 8 beats per second kind of guy. The second hand is so smooth and I've missed that. I love the black date window. I love that the blue changes color and appeared much darker at first. I was worried that the 26mm strap would look strange but it fits. I really think modern watches are going to switch to wider straps. And some photos...

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
It's embarrassing to admit this, but I did not even try the bezel until reading the comment about it. I was so concerned about everything lining up, that I ignored testing the bezel action. I would say that it is a little on the stiff side compared to other watches I've had in this price range. There is absolutely no play whatsoever. I'm sure if I want to loosen it up there are solutions, but for now i don't really care. I failed to mention anything about the crown, but this is the smoothest crown I've ever had(Tissot, Doxa, U1, Hamilton, Seikos). Also, it was almost exactly +-0 seconds when I just tested it. Am I allowed to give an accuracy report based on a 1/2 day?

#12 ·
You want tight and no play. Sounds like it's perfect.

#11 ·
>>> I love that the blue changes color and appeared much darker at first.

Congratulations; beautiful watch and great choice for color!!
I purchased the Blue Oris earlier this year and the multi-shades of Blue that show up in different light made it my favorite face color of any watch I've yet to try.
I sure wish they made the 40mm in Blue.

Enjoy your new watch :)

#13 ·
I do prefer the bezel action on the Aquis now that I'm used to it. I line up the lume pip and it stays there. I visited Chicago over the weekend and the micro adjustment on the clasp came in handy going in and out of very hot to very cold conditions. Also, a guy in airport security gave me a "nice watch!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.