Thread: What movement is the 735 in my Oris Williams Day-Date?

Question What movement is the 735 in my Oris Williams Day-Date?

Is there a list somewhere that maps the Oris movement numbers to the actual movement?

Are all the non-chronograph movements Sellita? Is it true that the chronograph movements are the 7750?

Only a little bit of searching revealed that it's a Sellita movement.

I know nothing of this company, almost every other mechanical watch I've owned was powered by ETA (7750, 2892, 2824). I've got a hand-wound watch and I have no clue what the movement is, other than it's a pocket watch movement.

Re: Only a little bit of searching revealed that it's a Sellita movement.

If you select a watch on Oris' website then click on "Movement" in the details area towards the bottom left of the screen, you'll see the name Oris has given to the movement as well as the actual movement used in the "Number" field. In your watch's case it reads Oris 735, base SW 220. So this movement is based on this Sellita movement: Sellita - Company specialized in assembling swiss made mechanical automatic watch movements. - SW 200 Products. In most cases I don't think Oris does much in the way of modification or decoration; it's one of the reasons I'd just as soon they offered solid case backs on at least some of their models.

Here's a complete list of all Oris movements from their website:

http://www.oris.ch/oris/mouvements.aspx?ln=en

lvt

Quote Originally Posted by ljb187 View Post
    If you select a watch on Oris' website then click on "Movement" in the details area towards the bottom left of the screen, you'll see the name Oris has given to the movement as well as the actual movement used in the "Number" field. In your watch's case it reads Oris 735, base SW 220. So this movement is based on this Sellita movement: Sellita - Company specialized in assembling swiss made mechanical automatic watch movements. - SW 200 Products. In most cases I don't think Oris does much in the way of modification or decoration; it's one of the reasons I'd just as soon they offered solid case backs on at least some of their models.

Here's a complete list of all Oris movements from their website:

http://www.oris.ch/oris/mouvements.aspx?ln=en

That movement has an astounding resemblance with the ETA-2836 Day/Date.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Quote Originally Posted by lvt View Post
    That movement has an astounding resemblance with the ETA-2836 Day/Date.
    It's exactly that. The SW220 is a clone of the ETA 2836. When I did a bit of research, this site didn't list its specs stating that they were already detailed on the ETA movment's page.

lvt

Quote Originally Posted by ljb187 View Post
    It's exactly that. The SW220 is a clone of the ETA 2836. When I did a bit of research, this site didn't list its specs stating that they were already detailed on the ETA movment's page.
    So what about the performance, I guess that that movement should be the equivalent of an ETA Elaboré ?
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Thanks for the info.

Thread Information