Having become quickly addicted to affordable watch collecting, my friends and I have started a simple watch review site to capture our thoughts about the pieces we obtain.
One of the first few watches I purchased was an Alpha Paul Newman as I am a long time fan of the Rolex Daytona. We recorded a quick video and captured our thoughts which you can read/watch here: Alpha Paul Newman / Daytona Review.
Bullet point synopsis:
Pros & Cons
- Accurate / reliable Seagull ST19 movement
- Classic Rolex Daytona design
- Case, face and crown has quality fit and finish
- Factory bracelet is very low quality
- Screw down chronograph actions are annoying
- Domed crystal causes some warpage
- Movement : Seagull 20-jewels Hand Winding 30-min.
- Chronograph movement
- 42 hour power reserve. power reserve about 42-hours.
- Case: 39mm case, 48mm lug to lug
- Polished and brushed blue stainless steel
- Dial : chronograph hand at 3 o’clock, second hand at 9 o’clock, 24-hour follow at 6 o’clock.
- 3 ATM water resistent
- Bracelet: Solid stainless steel presidential style (hollow endlinks)
- Weight : 128g