NEW: Manu Propria Fountain Pens
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ernie Romers

Thread: NEW: Manu Propria Fountain Pens

Pen NEW: Manu Propria Fountain Pens

Angular Momentum & Manu Propria, manufacturer of custom made and bespoke timepieces has expanded and enriched its Métiers d'Art collection with a new group of products which includes hand made writing instruments in specific fountain pens.

The pens are equipped with high quality steel or gold nibs made in Germany, the ink is provided to the nib by a high quality pen piston converter.

The standard material used for cap, barrel and grip section of fountain pens lacquered with urushi lacquer is Japanese Ebonite.

But for bespoke fountain pens a wide range of material is available. The clips are made of hardened solid stainless steel piece by piece individually designed and manufactured to match the pen's all over design and dimensions.

Except the nibs and feed all parts are customized and therefore all kind of dimensions and sizes are possible to be made.

„Testusabi-moyô“
    The first Fountain Pen collection is limited to 10 pieces.

The fountain pens are made of black Japanese ebonite and decorated in a special Japan lacquer technique to simulate old rusted iron, called „testusabi-moyô“.

Each of the fountain pens are decorated with hidden nest of small conches and a shells realistically rendered in urushi lacquer made in „takamaki“ high relief technique. The nib in stainless steel, the clip made of solid hardened 440 C steel.

The pens are entrely hand made by Martin Pauli. More information at www.angularmomentum.com

Last edited by Ernie Romers; December 1st, 2013 at 15:19.
    852andrew likes this.
    Best regards,

Ernie Romers
    Founder and former site owner, Hidden Content

Re: NEW: Manu Propria Fountain Pens

Looks like I will shift from watch to pen.

I have to say that I find it to be a stunning pen. However, my admiration of it is a moot point; given its exclusivity I'm sure its price is well north of my snack bracket. Congrats in advance to those who buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by Uwe W. View Post
    I have to say that I find it to be a stunning pen. However, my admiration of it is a moot point; given its exclusivity I'm sure its price is well north of my snack bracket. Congrats in advance to those who buy one.

Agreed. I know I will not be one of the ten!

Dan

I don't think Martin will stop after making just 10 fountain pens. The first 10 is really a trial. And now I am one of the guinea-pigs.

I wonder how much he wants for those ten, the first ten don't really entice me, but I'd love to see what else he can do.

Thread Information