What do you call the type of porous point pen with a thin metal cylinder around the felt?

Thread: What do you call the type of porous point pen with a thin metal cylinder around the felt?

What do you call the type of porous point pen with a thin metal cylinder around the felt?

I used to get pens called Expresso pens (don't remember the brand, they didn't look like the Paper Mate ones), they were porous point but they had a thin metal cylinder around the felt, I don't think the felt actually extended beyond the cylinder, so when you write it's actually the metal that's touching the paper, if I remember correctly.

From reading about porous point pens, I don't think that's what your typical porous point pen is like. I want to know what kind of pen you call what I'm describing, so that I can buy some online? I don't think they make the Expresso pens i used to buy anymore because I haven't seen them in many years.

Thanks..

Re: What do you call the type of porous point pen with a thin metal cylinder around the felt?

I've always called them flair tip pens, but I don't know if that is the actual name.

Re: What do you call the type of porous point pen with a thin metal cylinder around the felt?

Pilot razor point? That's not metal touching, but how would the metal lay down a line of ink here?

There's also the Sanford Expresso:

These are still out there as well.
    Now that I think about it, most of my life has consisted of taking the opening that desperation required and opportunity presented
    --Vlad Taltos, Issola

If it be true that in the twentieth century more space is given to murder than to politics, it is for the excellent reason that murder is a more serious subject.
    --G.K. Chesterton, The Wisdom of Father Brown​

"Fine line" or "razor point" usually refer to the pens where the metal cylinder does not extend all of the way to the end of the tip. Perhaps you're thinking of something like Itoya's AquaRoller gel refills or pens? I believe these have a very tiny rolling ball (ceramic?) at the tip.
    Last edited by skriefal; 8 Minutes Ago at 05:56.

Thread Information