WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Bradystraps vs. Maratac Elite

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  apeogre 
#1 ·
I realize that the Ted's Bradystrap sailcloth straps and Maratac Elite straps are two different products (different padding, taper, etc), but on photos there are some similarities as well (fabric-like appearance, colored stitching options). Plus, they're both reasonably priced options :-!!

Has anyone tried both of these? Can you explain the difference in how they feel/ wear/ look?

Photos comparing the two are always welcome!

#3 ·
i only had the maratac, and i didn;t like it

1- tapers to a very thin 2mm
2-keeper was loose, the tail would kind bow, i like my tail tight to the buckle end strap.
3-to long for 7inch wrist
4-found it got warmer than my other rubber straps(maybe in my mind)
5- didn't like the notching of the strap for 22mm and smaller

#4 ·
Do not have maratac, but have dealt with Todd's sailcloth straps - first class; I have spent long time searching for the right one (look for my posts here and on TZUK);
Currently, have two sailcloth straps from Todd: black with white and gold stitching - love them both.

Second, I wear them with big size and heavy watches like Precista 50 amd 50B -

Highly recommended straps - you will not be disapponted wih Todd's product and service.
Regards,
M

#5 ·
Do not have maratac, but have dealt with Todd's sailcloth straps - first class; I have spent long time searching for the right one (look for my posts here and on TZUK);
Currently, have two sailcloth straps from Todd: black with white and gold stitching - love them both.

Second, I wear them with big size and heavy watches like Precista 50 amd 50B -

Highly recommended straps - you will not be disapponted wih Todd's product and service.
Regards,
M
Hello,

Do they have a leather lining?

Thanks,
heb

#7 ·
I only have the Maratac strap, and I like it quite a bit. Mine's notched down to 20 mm, but I think it still looks good on my Vostok Europe K3. It does have a bit of a break-in period, but now it's very comfortable. I've worn it nearly continuously for a couple of months now and it still looks brand new. I will agree, however, that it is awfully big for small wrists. I have about a 7.25" wrist, and I'm on the last hole.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.