Do you get your Nato/Zulu wet?
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Do you get your Nato/Zulu wet?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Do you get your Nato/Zulu wet?

I am a huge Nato fan and I have used them while swimming but I tend to take off watches mounted on nylon before swimming or showering. Rubber and metal are the best for wet/dry environment bands in my opinion. Am I alone in this or are there a lot of nylon band fans that regularly swim and shower with your watch on?

Re: Do you get your Nato/Zulu wet?

Never. I would not want to get a $7 piece of canvas wet or possibly risk damaging it.
    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." George Bernard Shaw
    "Don?t argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" Greg King
    ?Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.? Mark Twain
    "The problem with quotes found on the Internet is that it's hard to be sure of their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln
    "A Rose by any other name will smell as sweet. But it does not follow that whatever we choose to call a Rose will possess the Rose's fragrance." BB Warfield

Quote Originally Posted by EnderW View Post
    Never. I would not want to get a $7 piece of canvas wet or possibly risk damaging it.
    duc likes this.

It is not that I care about getting the strap wet, rather the damp strap that takes its time to dry and is not so comfy in the process. It is like wearing wet clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonpod View Post
    I am a huge Nato fan and I have used them while swimming but I tend to take off watches mounted on nylon before swimming or showering...Am I alone in this or are there a lot of nylon band fans that regularly swim and shower with your watch on?
    Seems the whole idea behind nylon NATOs is that you never have to care about what they are exposed to. That said, no -- I wouldn't shower with any watch, no matter the band material. But expose a cheap NATO to water under other conditions? No problem, the webbing dries out in minutes. And if James Bond can do it, I can
    atdegs likes this.
    “I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.” Umberto Eco

Panerai * Rolex * Omega * Ball * AEgir * Mühle-Glashütte * Oris * Archimede * Seiko * Magrette * Padron

I shower with NATO and see no issues with it.
    duc likes this.
    There is a time for everything...
    a time to search and a time to give up,
    a time to keep and a time to throw away

Quote Originally Posted by Jonpod View Post
    It is not that I care about getting the strap wet, rather the damp strap that takes its time to dry and is not so comfy in the process. It is like wearing wet clothing.
    Either have a second nylon strap in your belongings to use while the wet one dries, or use rubber -- or steel, which was the standard all-weather strap before modern rubber compounds were invented.

duc

I don't own watches that can't get wet (bracelet or strap). I shower with all except when on a new strap I procured from Jean Rousseau. Once that one is old enough, I'll probably shower or swim with it as well.

Yes and No. When in an outdoor tropical-like climate and feeling the heat I swim or shower without giving it the fabric watch strap much thought. But when lounging in A/C or otherwise living in more formal conditions (dress wise) then I like to kept the watch strap dry.

Sure I get them wet. I also wash them with the laundry to clean them too. No trouble at all.
    Thank you, I'm flattered, but, please don't click any "Likes" for me (unless there's a prize for "most likes")?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information