Freda Watch Straps: Terrible Service!!
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Freda Watch Straps: Terrible Service!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Freda Watch Straps: Terrible Service!!

So very very very rarely do I ever have rant or complain about a seller but I have had the worst experience with Freda Watch Straps that I feel compelled to complain.

On 6/5/17, I bought a Hirsch Osiris leather strap
    Osiris, Dress Leather

I got an email from Paypal telling me I authorized a payment to Freda Watch Straps and also an email from Freda Watch Straps giving me my order number. As I live on the East Coast of the USA (where Freda is located), I expected it within the next 5 days. However by 6/12/17, I had not gotten it nor did I get any emails from them so I sent an email asking the status. No response at all from Freda.

On 6/16/17, I got an email saying a shipping label was created for this strap.

So 11 days after I placed the order, paid for the order and paid my credit card bill for it, Freda Watch Straps are JUST getting around to shipping the strap.

I have filed a paypal complaint asking for a refund as I don't want the strap now(it was for a vintage watch I was giving as a gift and I ended up buying a strap local(for more money) because Freda was taking so dang long)

I am not accepting this strap if it comes to me.

So if you are considering Freda Watch Straps, buyer beware

Re: Freda Watch Straps: Terrible Service!!

I believe they're a very small business - probably one person. Might have been on vacation for a week. I'd be disappointed at an 11-day turnaround time - but it's not outside the realm of what I've occasionally seen from other similarly-small businesses.
    Karkarov likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by skriefal View Post
    I believe they're a very small business - probably one person. Might have been on vacation for a week. I'd be disappointed at an 11-day turnaround time - but it's not outside the realm of what I've occasionally seen from other similarly-small businesses.

I could understand this, if an email was sent explaining the situation. However no response to my emails and then a email stating it is being shipped 11 days after the order was placed (item said in stock ready to ship) is unacceptable.

Of course I am discovering that this business is hard headed as despite another email to them telling to cancel the item, they still shipped it. I have just filled out a paypal dispute and will get my credit card involved. This is the first time in 15 years I have had to file a dispute with ether paypal or a credit card.

I am not accepting the item when it arrives. I was promised a strap that would be shipped out in a reasonable time(11 days from purchase to shipping it out is not reasonable) and they failed to deliver on this promise.

I think you're ranting a little too hard. If it's been shipped and you haven't even received it, it's too soon to do a charge back. Try to do a return for refund and if they refuse, THEN do the charge back. Throwing your toys out of the pram just makes it harder.

\\ Sent from an Android or iOS device //
    Karkarov likes this.
    Hidden Content

MK II Kingston "Bond"; Key West "Pussy Galore"; Nassau 3-6-9; Graywater GMT. O&W M4, M5. Orient EV09, ER1S (2010 STI Series I). Seikos: SKXA47K (2005), 7T32-6M59 (1991), H558-5009 (1985), 7A48-7000 (my precious! 1985), 7009-4040 (1980?), 6117-6410 (1974). Steinhart Ocean Black DLC MilSub mod. Tissot TXL Digital7.

I agree with Chromejob here , give them a break , 11 days is nothing , you should live in Australia !!! some things take months to arrive but I have never lost anything ( Yet , touch wood ) but it does take time for gear to arrive here from overseas .

Beanerds .

Uh I don't know. I have ordered hirsch straps from Watch Obsession (one of the biggest strap distributors online, and hirsch's official distributor), and it has taken them 5+ days to actually ship me a strap before. I think it took 2 weeks in total the last time I bought one from them, maybe a little more.

It sucks you had a long wait on the strap, but did they overcharge you? Did they not send the strap? Is the strap not what you ordered, or damaged? Does the site promise they will ship in a given time frame? (nope I checked)

I won't say you don't have a right to be upset, share this experience, and never doing business with Freda again. But it seems like your reaction is maybe a little stronger than it probably should be.
    Chromejob and CV50 like this.

I concur. Ask for a refund when there is a real problem, not "Waah, I had to wait for shipment." Don't be so butthurt just because shipping was delayed, no one will take you seriously if you cry wolf enough times.

\\ Sent from an Android or iOS device //
    Hidden Content

MK II Kingston "Bond"; Key West "Pussy Galore"; Nassau 3-6-9; Graywater GMT. O&W M4, M5. Orient EV09, ER1S (2010 STI Series I). Seikos: SKXA47K (2005), 7T32-6M59 (1991), H558-5009 (1985), 7A48-7000 (my precious! 1985), 7009-4040 (1980?), 6117-6410 (1974). Steinhart Ocean Black DLC MilSub mod. Tissot TXL Digital7.

Buyers remorse perhaps ?

I have ordered from Freda before, and received terrible service from them. On not one but two orders, I gave him the benefit of the doubt once. I have never ordered from him again.

Do a forum search, there are other threads about horrible service from Freda. It's not just a shipping issue, if he takes the money there is no reason for a strap to take weeks to ship, none. These aren't custom straps.

I can't understand the members defending this behavior, I bet if the OP doesn't chase after him the strap may never ship.......

Quote Originally Posted by bjjkk View Post
    I have ordered from Freda before, and received terrible service from them. On not one but two orders, I gave him the benefit of the doubt once. I have never ordered from him again.

Do a forum search, there are other threads about horrible service from Freda. It's not just a shipping issue, if he takes the money there is no reason for a strap to take weeks to ship, none. These aren't custom straps.

I can't understand the members defending this behavior, I bet if the OP doesn't chase after him the strap may never ship.......
    Except he said the strap already shipped?

I am not saying this was the greatest thing ever, or that he should give them more business. Only that perhaps demanding a refund because your shipping took 11 days is unreasonable, nowhere does Freda promise a specific shipping timeframe. Only that shipping is "normally" within 24 hours.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information