Handmade straps showcase. Let's see em. - Page 6
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Handmade straps showcase. Let's see em.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Re: Handmade straps showcase. Let's see em.

Newest available leather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Karkarov and CV50 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chivers View Post
    Shane, I’ve always admired your work – superb craftsmanship combined with real flair and originality. Is there a book in you? I’m sure it would sell well in the US and here across the pond...
    Shane I agree with Chivers, a book maybe two, one for the coffee table with just photos of your work, the second telling us want to be's some tricks of the trade, not sure you can teach the artistic portion of making a strap but some of the wisdom on how to make a quality strap would have appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Chivers View Post
    Shane, I’ve always admired your work – superb craftsmanship combined with real flair and originality. Is there a book in you? I’m sure it would sell well in the US and here across the pond...
    THANK YOU!! A book would be something but to be honest a book in this day and age, who would even want it ?
    Quote Originally Posted by grindaur View Post
    Shane I agree with Chivers, a book maybe two, one for the coffee table with just photos of your work, the second telling us want to be's some tricks of the trade, not sure you can teach the artistic portion of making a strap but some of the wisdom on how to make a quality strap would have appeal.
    I wouldn't even know where to begin in realistic terms, easiest way to would be to actually show a person as it would be difficult writing about it.
    I started like all of you guys and gals except there were no video's or online tutorials or even places to get help, or people to get help from, so basically 100% self taught so in regards to tricks of the trade? it's something that has and continues to develop.

Photo's I can't give because when I made straps for the customers I always warned them if they posted online then their one off's would be replicated and for me that was not fair on the customer, to have paid a good price for a real original only to see copies of it appear on forums and stuff, as so many strap makers have also copied my work, the only advice I can or could give is to keep it original to yourself and be true to yourself in that regards, it's easy to copy, it's way harder to be totally original.
    As I said to Chivers in regards to a book, who would even be interested in one these days?
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

Quote Originally Posted by SHANE 1000 View Post
    As I said to Chivers in regards to a book, who would even be interested in one these days?
    I would buy it.
    SHANE 1000 likes this.

Just to see more of those Disco nails. seriously though a physical book these days your response did surprise me actually, as most want it in electronic form it seems, or at least most people I know have those Tablet things.
    I prefer an actual book that you can smell the ink and get a feel for! but then I'm old school.

Quote Originally Posted by Karkarov View Post
    I would buy it.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

Quote Originally Posted by SHANE 1000 View Post
    Just to see more of those Disco nails. seriously though a physical book these days your response did surprise me actually, as most want it in electronic form it seems, or at least most people I know have those Tablet things.
    I prefer an actual book that you can smell the ink and get a feel for! but then I'm old school.
    Hey there is still such a thing as a coffee table book, and besides, anything that is picture heavy is always best in the form of a book, not an ebook.
    SHANE 1000 likes this.

An oldie but modern.

Name:  DSCN0007.JPG
Views: 62
Size:  283.2 KB
    Karkarov likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Karkarov View Post
    Hey there is still such a thing as a coffee table book, and besides, anything that is picture heavy is always best in the form of a book, not an ebook.
    TRUE! I prefer that over anything electronic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SHANE 1000 likes this.

Some super simple ones.
    Name:  S1000 1.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  401.9 KB

Name:  DSCN0790.JPG
Views: 31
Size:  236.4 KB

Name:  B 1.JPG
Views: 31
Size:  263.5 KB

Name:  DSCN9594 (3).JPG
Views: 30
Size:  262.3 KB

Name:  DSCN8802.JPG
Views: 30
Size:  254.0 KB
    CastorTroy3 and Karkarov like this.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast