WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Handmade straps showcase. Let's see em.

12K views 101 replies 24 participants last post by  ZIPPER79 
#1 ·
Been muddling straps together for a little while now and i gotta admit i really enjoy it.

I find it quite therapeutic and it fills a few hours nicely if i'm at a loose end plus you end up giving your watch a nice personal touch not to mention a fresh new look.
You don't necessarily have to be a Pam head either to benefit from your creations as i would recommend it to anyone with a watch which looks good on leather.

Especially those with Speedies. (nod nod wink wink.;-))

Anyhoo i'v been trying to make just the right tan strap for my 111 for a while and they always came out a touch too "clean" for my liking until today when i found just the right cut of Italian leather and distressed it lightly then finished it with a little branding from a soldering iron to finally achieve the tan ammo style i'v been chasing.

Really digging it and it will be a while before it goes back on the stock strap.

I also know that many are out there also quietly beavering away making their favourite pieces pop with some custom touches so now's the time to come out of the woodwork and show us your handmade beauties.

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

See less See more
#74 · (Edited)
This strap was made by Jan of watchstrapheaven.com. It's been on my SARB035 for 2.5 years and holding up very well even here in the tropics. Horween Shell Cordovan dark cherry, darkened with plenty of sweat, but unlike regular cowhide, doesn't seem to be deteriorating in any way. I love the differential width of the keepers and the workmanship. I am about to order a black one to complement this one, which prompted me to write this review. Jan is also very responsive via email and ships worldwide at reasonable rates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#89 ·
Hey buds - haven't made any straps in while but I'm still at this leatherworking thing. Made this one last night from Brown Buttero. The leather is a dream to work with.

Sent from inside a nondescript blue police box sometime in the 21st century...

Reactions: Level.5x
#91 ·
Hey buds - haven't made any straps in while but I'm still at this leatherworking thing. Made this one last night from Brown Buttero. The leather is a dream to work with.

Sent from inside a nondescript blue police box sometime in the 21st century...

That's a pretty handsome strap mate...well done.

#102 ·
It would be nice if when you showed a photo of a custom strap you name the maker!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.