Haveston NATO mini-review - Page 2
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Haveston NATO mini-review

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: Haveston NATO mini-review

I have a Haveston on the way and I'll post a review once I receive it. Thanks to everyone for the pics and reviews thus far.

As I previously predicted, the M1936 is really a perfect match for my brown dial Sturmanskie Open Space. I've been looking for the perfect strap for this watch, and the Haveston M1936 perfectly fits the bill. I really like it, both the strap material and hardware are of high quality. A bit stiff but I'm pretty sure it will give in over time. I can imagine the strap to stand against years of wear and abuse. It's been 3 days on my wrist now and the hole where I put the buckle prong still looks new. Kudos to Alex from Haveston for sending me an extra sterile buckle since I asked on their Instagram if a sterile buckle would be an option in the future.
    CASIO / SEIKO / GLYCINE / DAMASKO / JAEGER-LECOULTRE (GRAIL)

I received my M1936 last week and am very happy with it. Great craftsmanship and fit, would highly recommend. Great value as well.

Agreed re the polished hardware. I only have bead blasted and brushed watches so I emailed them guess I need to get scotchbrite pad and work some magic...I think i recall doing this in metalwork class with emory cloth back in 70's...never thought that skill would get any use...there you go. Ordering an M1936...cannot wait on my Hamilton Khaki Mechanical.
    "A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure" - Segals Law

and

"Does anybody really know what time it is, does anybody really care" - Chicago

Well guys my Haveston M1936 arrived and in a word WOW. Now I have NATO's from Zuludiver, Timefactors, Toxic NATO and Haveston and frankly while I am hooked on the fancy hardware at TF and TN as I just love the angles and bead blasting the quality of the material is in most cases questionable it is afterall nylon or a derivative. There are exceptions like Toxics Shiz Nitz...but not even that or a seatbelt strap from ZuluD can compare to this Haveston M1936 it is unquestionably the best built strap I have had. Now pictures above show very shiny hardware and for me that was a drawback but easilly corrected as you will see. I paid AUS$38 exchange rate was 135% so US$28 I dont mind it took two weeks and some struggle to get my beady little hands on it on account of our Kangaroo mail system that is no joke, it took a tram to a railway station then two stops and a trek all because they are too lazy to knock and just left a card but I dropped everything and just like a kid made haste and was off and when I got my hands on it I ripped into the vintage paper packaging as previously shown and then openned the vintage styled tin. OMG immediately while standing in the PO changed straps its a winner and classic and I am sold so much so I am selling all my straps seriously. I will buy another when some knew ones come out. Alex has said he intends to try to get some brushed hardware so I will wait until Autumn in UK when he anticipates this, Spring here in the meantime guys hope you enjoy the attempt at pictures. On my Hammy Khaki Mechanical and Armourlite Cpt Field sandy cream dial looks great tbh improves the watch a hearty watch of 5 years beaten to death never a scratch on the scratch resistant mineral crystal that is amazing in itselfthe strap works great IMO.
    You will see with a heavy duty scrub I was able to dull the sheen on the hardware to my liking and by the way I have a 7 1/2 inch wrist so the strap is capable of 8 inches IMO. No need to turn it back through although you could for smaller wrists
    Attached Images Attached Images

SaoDavi and oldfatherthames like this.
    "A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure" - Segals Law

and

Nice writeup globetrotta. I've got the striped one, fantastic strap. Even on my 6.5 wrist I don't have to tuck the tail under because of the way they locate the buckle and the floating keeper. And very nice brush work on the hardware; might have to try that myself.
    globetrotta likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dhtjr View Post
    Nice writeup globetrotta. I've got the striped one, fantastic strap. Even on my 6.5 wrist I don't have to tuck the tail under because of the way they locate the buckle and the floating keeper. And very nice brush work on the hardware; might have to try that myself.
    I love what Haveston (Alex) has done with relocating the buckle it just sits so much better. As to brushing off the sheen I used a heavy duty scourer pad .60c Australian gentle application to see how much it took off then increased pressure - just remember the metal has been polished so it does not take much to dull the shine...I was truly surprised I was going to use emery cloth but this worked fine and oh so cheap. Many use scotch brite pads but finding them here is hard so this cheap and nasty option and worked a treat IMO. Loving my strap!

Enjoy the strap!
    Last edited by globetrotta; June 12th, 2017 at 06:28.

and

Thanks for the review and unboxing. Looks very nice on your pilot watch. I've been wanting to pick up a Havenston strap.

Banned

Review is great the relocating buckle is just a perfect fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the review. I'm thinking about getting one now

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information