Haveston NATO mini-review - Page 4
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Haveston NATO mini-review

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: Haveston NATO mini-review

I have recently ordered one of the red/white/black straps from Haveston.. they seem to have finally made a NATO that will require no tuck and is of enough quality for me to try something besides Hirsch or Colareb straps.

I have one incoming and will probably get the blue/gray 2 NATO combo at some point. On a side note I'd prefer to skip the fancy packaging; save me a dollar and just ship it on a small envelope.

Quote Originally Posted by househalfman View Post
    I have one incoming and will probably get the blue/gray 2 NATO combo at some point. On a side note I'd prefer to skip the fancy packaging; save me a dollar and just ship it on a small envelope.
    I concur, the packaging is a little over the top but the strap is nice & the sliding keeper is kool feature. Seems like they're out of stock on what I'm looking for.

I saw these awhile back and made mental note primarily because nylon straps are my favorite overall and I kinda like to just know what they're all like...
    ...then I saw Bernd's pics in f7, also posted here. We have the same watch, so it was just a fantastic picture of the damn thing on my watch so I had to buy the field set. How can you see those pics and not want one? His pics are indeed a great (accurate) representation of the straps to my eye now that I actually have them.

I really do like the weave of nylon. It's quality and it represents their style well. They're not as soft and thick as some other premium nylon straps and I actually appreciate that.

I do prefer, overall, the more traditional spacing of keepers and buckle. That's entirely subjective. I knew I would when I bought these straps, but I still like them and will still wear them. They're good straps and nobody else that I know of is making them like this. Def recommend.

The packaging is nice. I'm not an 'unboxer' and probably secretly subconsciously discredit most packaging in my little head. Still, I won't complain about the packaging being 'too nice' here because I think the straps are worth the price regardless.
    oldfatherthames likes this.

@nolte, thank you!

Feeling exactly the same way about these Haveston straps as I wrote in #29 of this thread and as announced there too, I had waited for 'The Carrier' and it came back in stock last week.

Here it is:

Name:  Tisell_Pilot43-Haveston_TheCarrier-1183.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  216.7 KB

And some more with the M1936:

Name:  Tisell_Pilot43_Haveston-M1936_848.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  334.6 KB

Name:  Tisell_Pilot43_Haveston-M1936_1023.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  180.5 KB

Name:  Tisell_Pilot43_Haveston-Straps_M1936_719.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  130.7 KB

Cheers!
    Bernd
    coaster183 and nolte like this.

To the OP of this thread smille76:

I hope you are fine with me posting pictures to your review! I never asked you before and when I shared my first pictures I was so delighted my new M1936 that I didn't think about it. After having posted again some this morning the thought crossed my mind, that you could probably find that behavior of mine inpolite. I sincerely beg your pardon in that case!

These Haveston straps literally saved this Pilot for me, wasn't happy with other options I had tried, and at the time I stumbled upon these, there were not much resources on the web. Your review was one of the few, so thank you very much for your review!

Cheers!
    Bernd
    Last edited by oldfatherthames; 1 Week Ago at 12:50.
    nolte likes this.

The blue hands on the Tisell are way above it's pay grade IMO and the M1936 strap really compliments them well to me. I had wondered how the Carrier would look on it and it looks great as well. Thanks for that additional pic.

Agree I hope the OP doesn't mind his review becoming a de facto discussion thread for these straps. I hope it's a decent acknowledgement of his outstanding review.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfatherthames View Post
    To the OP of this thread smille76:

I hope you are fine with me posting pictures to your review! I never asked you before and when I shared my first pictures I was so delighted my new M1936 that I didn't think about it. After having posted again some this morning the thought crossed my mind, that you could probably find that behavior of mine inpolite. I sincerely beg your pardon in that case!

These Haveston straps literally saved this Pilot for me, wasn't happy with other options I had tried, and at the time I stumbled upon these, there were not much resources on the web. Your review was one of the few, so thank you very much for your review!

Cheers!
    Bernd
    No worries!!

Glad I could help!

Cheers,

Seb

Envoyé de mon Nexus 5X en utilisant Tapatalk
    Worn recently:

Sinn 556A/Citizen NY0054/Halios Delfin/Stowa Prodiver Limette

Quote Originally Posted by wtma View Post
    As I previously predicted, the M1936 is really a perfect match for my brown dial Sturmanskie Open Space. I've been looking for the perfect strap for this watch, and the Haveston M1936 perfectly fits the bill. I really like it, both the strap material and hardware are of high quality. A bit stiff but I'm pretty sure it will give in over time. I can imagine the strap to stand against years of wear and abuse. It's been 3 days on my wrist now and the hole where I put the buckle prong still looks new. Kudos to Alex from Haveston for sending me an extra sterile buckle since I asked on their Instagram if a sterile buckle would be an option in the future.

What a great combo! Like you said, perfect match. And the quality is top notch.
    wtma likes this.

I agree with most if not all of the posts on the quality of the Haveston straps. I was so impressed when I received these, that I did a little video review - since I was actually trying to find a strap for my Tudor BBB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s73ruZ2uh6s&t=40s

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information