Help finding suitable strap for Fortis Cockpit
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Help finding suitable strap for Fortis Cockpit

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help finding suitable strap for Fortis Cockpit

Hi everyone, I just got a Fortis Cockpit One with a steel bracelet. I'm looking to get a brown leather strap to go along with it, but am having some trouble finding a suitable option. The case is a bit more formal than your usual pilot watch with some polished parts and some brushed, so I don't think a vintage-looking strap would look quite right. But I could be wrong. Lug size is 20mm and I'm looking to spend around $50, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by domer; December 14th, 2016 at 23:27.

Re: Help finding suitable strap

Quote Originally Posted by domer View Post
    Hi everyone, I just got a Fortis Cockpit One with a steel bracelet. I'm looking to get a brown leather strap to go along with it, but am having some trouble finding a suitable option. The case is than your usual pilot watch with some polished parts and some brushed, so I don't think a vintage-looking strap would look quite right. But I could be wrong. Lug size is 20mm and I'm looking to spend around $50, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    I have the Cockpit One and as much as I see plenty of attractive brown straps, I'm not convinced that brown will work with it. Black with minimal off white stitching will probably work best with its dial. I'm waiting for this strap to arrive, can post pictures when arrives if interested:

Name:  s270936248593813168_p121_i64_w640.jpeg
Views: 108
Size:  76.4 KB

It's Martu Slim Black Watch Strap ref. M1011-c1. Can't post URLs yet.

I also think its case design needs a thin strap, less than a 4mm for sure. Similar to the stick strap which is thin.

I'll be glad if I'm wrong, would love to see any picture of Cockpit One on brown.

Quote Originally Posted by crimper2000 View Post
    I have the Cockpit One and as much as I see plenty of attractive brown straps, I'm not convinced that brown will work with it. Black with minimal off white stitching will probably work best with its dial. I'm waiting for this strap to arrive, can post pictures when arrives if interested:

It's Martu Slim Black Watch Strap ref. M1011-c1. Can't post URLs yet.

I also think its case design needs a thin strap, less than a 4mm for sure. Similar to the stick strap which is thin.

I'll be glad if I'm wrong, would love to see any picture of Cockpit One on brown.
    Thanks for the input, I bet that will look really good and I'd be interested in a pic when the strap comes in. I just found out that Fortis actually sells the Cockpit on a brown strap as a stock option, theirs looks like this:

Name:  brown_leather_white_stitching_14.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  26.1 KB

Not too bad! Maybe just a simple, relatively thin brown with white stitching would do it.
    Last edited by domer; December 14th, 2016 at 23:35.
    crimper2000 likes this.

Re: Help finding suitable strap for Fortis Cockpit

Look on etsy.com and search under "Handmade watch strap" or similar term. Lots of great options within your budget.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

Hirsch Liberty in dark brown or light brown. Had these both on watches with black case and dial and stainless with black dial. It just has to be the right brown or tan!

Quote Originally Posted by domer View Post
    Hi everyone, I just got a Fortis Cockpit One with a steel bracelet. I'm looking to get a brown leather strap to go along with it, but am having some trouble finding a suitable option. The case is a bit more formal than your usual pilot watch with some polished parts and some brushed, so I don't think a vintage-looking strap would look quite right. But I could be wrong. Lug size is 20mm and I'm looking to spend around $50, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    Karkarov likes this.
    Lee Rappeport

Hidden Content

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________________

PREVIOUSLY OWNED

Glycine Vacuum, Glycine Observer (2), Glycine Power reserve DLC, Rolex sub no date(1967), Rolex sub Chronometer movement, Bulova Accutron RR edition,
    Seiko Orange monster, IWC 38mm Pilot, Chronoswiss Kairos SS, Steinhart O1V, Oris BC3, Oris triple complication, Tissot Sea Star, MK II Seafighter, Seiko SNKF11, Steinhart Ocean 44, Steinhart Ocean Black GMT, Seiko SRP 777 TURTLE.

CURRENTLY OWN

Hamilton Barton (circa 1951), Seiko Sun023 Kinetic, and a $5.00 quartz watch.....

Black calf with white(ish) stitching arrived. Thicker and less formal than stock. Name:  20161220_112556-resize.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  53.4 KBName:  20161220_112625-resize.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  57.6 KB
    Karkarov likes this.

Banned

I'm not gonna lie, that looks amazing!

Banned

IMO, a riveted strap would still look good. I mean, it IS a Fleiger. It looks good without, too, though.
    crimper2000 likes this.

I would consider a NATO also. I went with the Bond theme for my Fortis Flieger Chrono. Looks killer. I think you could go with both, brown or black leather. With contrast stitching.

Name:  IMG_0519.JPG
Views: 37
Size:  363.4 KBI'd go dark grey canvas. Something like this.
    Karkarov likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information