High Quality Leather Straps with Quick Release Spring Bars

Thread: High Quality Leather Straps with Quick Release Spring Bars

Hey I'm looking for high quality leather straps that have quick release spring bars built in. I'm tired of beating up my lugs prying straps off my watches, I want to go to leather straps with quick release spring bars.

But, I'm not aware of any high end/high quality strap makers to look at. Can you give some suggestions please?

Re: High Quality Leather Straps with Quick Release Spring Bars

I find Fossil watch straps to be of good quality, and most of them come with quick release spring bars. They can be found on ebay every now and then.
    CASIO / SEIKO / GLYCINE / DAMASKO / JAEGER-LECOULTRE (GRAIL)

Your request is understandable but made me chuckle. Personally, have never trusted QR spring bars. Seems to me they can be too quickly released unintentionally.

I think your QR strap options will be severely limited and who wants limited choices? Besides, strap changing with regular spring bars really is a breeze once you get the knack. You just need a bit more practice - and a bit more patience. If you haven't already, get yourself the best spring bar tool and have at it. Bergeon is the make to look for.

G07

And a roll of masking tape :)

Quote Originally Posted by Barry H View Post
    Your request is understandable but made me chuckle. Personally, have never trusted QR spring bars. Seems to me they can be too quickly released unintentionally.

I think your QR strap options will be severely limited and who wants limited choices? Besides, strap changing with regular spring bars really is a breeze once you get the knack. You just need a bit more practice - and a bit more patience. If you haven't already, get yourself the best spring bar tool and have at it. Bergeon is the make to look for.

Yes i am not a QR springbar lover myself , its a good idea though,

Quote Originally Posted by Barry H View Post

High quality is always subjective, but Clockwork Synergy's "Dapper" and "Gentlemen's" collections(note: not their cheaper croc-style ones, I found those to be more questionable, but their higher end products) are good for like ~$35. They often have decent sales, watch the forum for when they do that.

I also like Tech Swiss, but those have limited size and color options. You can find them on ebay and Amazon for <$25, with genuine lizard and other more exotic materials running up to $50. Note they also make non-QR straps.

I'm not aware of anyone who make TRUE highend(e.g. cordovan, etc.) with QR, but I have a number of the Clockwork Synergy mid-range straps and I'm very content with their product. They have wide ranges of widths and hardware finishes, too, which is something I really like about them.
    Last edited by Wristwatching; April 16th, 2017 at 20:03.

You can get some good straps cant you, i know one of mine has QR spring bars in it , never found them a problem.

Maybe Camille Fournet they are of great quality and offer quick release spring bars as an option

I put a Meyhofer Anadia with shrunken grain black leather on my Girard Perregaux Vintage 1945 and it looks great. That model doesn't feature quick release springbars, but I also bought the Meyhofer Brunn Easy-Click which does and has a similar leather grain. I put that on my Bulova Murren and it works really well.

Meyhofer straps are made by hand in Germany and are good quality. I wouldn't necessarily call them high end, as they don't tend to offer exotic leather (alligator, ostrich, etc.), at least not with the Easy-Click system. Still, I can say that their straps work for my GP and there are quick release versions with a similar style of leather.

What model watch would this be for?
    Last edited by WTSP; April 16th, 2017 at 21:17.

Thread Information