HOW to make yourself a simple strap TUTORIAL from start to finish.......LOADS of PHOTOGRAPHS!! - Page 2
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: HOW to make yourself a simple strap TUTORIAL from start to finish.......LOADS of PHOTOGRAPHS!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: HOW to make yourself a simple strap TUTORIAL from start to finish.......LOADS of PHOTOGRAPHS!!

@Shane 1000, all of your helpful posts and tutorials have convinced me to try my hand at strapmaking. You make it look so deceivingly easy, I couldn't resist any longer!

- Tappy Talkied
    Last edited by Sillygoose; 4 Weeks Ago at 22:39.
    SHANE 1000 likes this.

Re: HOW to make yourself a simple strap TUTORIAL from start to finish.......LOADS of PHOTOGRAPHS!!

As always, awesome posts, awesome tutorial, fantastic work! Your stuff is always the real deal Shane.

That said.... what's up with the claw like pinky finger? Is this somehow incorporated into true manly strap making?
    SHANE 1000 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sillygoose View Post
    @Shane 1000, all of your helpful posts and tutorials have convinced me to try my hand at strapmaking. You make it look so deceivingly easy, I couldn't resist any longer!

- Tappy Talkied
    This is why I have done this, it's on that off chance that someone like yourself might find it useful and actually get inspired enough to do one OR maybe more for yourself, believe me once you wear one that you make, it'll be a really proud day for you or anyone that gives it a go.
    I'm happy it helped someone, that makes it all worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Karkarov View Post
    As always, awesome posts, awesome tutorial, fantastic work! Your stuff is always the real deal Shane.

That said.... what's up with the claw like pinky finger? Is this somehow incorporated into true manly strap making?
    Jason lol, yes that pinky nail is my brow scratcher and I like to dig the wax out of my ears for waxing the thread I use on my straps, it has a very special glide property unlike anything manly sold on the marketOkay maybe the latter is not true BUT it could be.
    Karkarov and Sillygoose like this.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

cool! thank you for this

Quote Originally Posted by Lmfaoeric View Post
    cool! thank you for this
    You're welcome sir.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

Awesome as always Shane, Kool stuff !

Thank you Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by CV50 View Post
    Awesome as always Shane, Kool stuff !

Wow truly inspiring!!! I'm gonna start keeping my eye out for scrap material I can just experiment with and make into a strap. Do you have other tutorials or some kind of channel for it?

Also what kind of glue are you using, and is that just paint that you're using on the edges of the leather?

Quote Originally Posted by J3hundred View Post
    Wow truly inspiring!!! I'm gonna start keeping my eye out for scrap material I can just experiment with and make into a strap. Do you have other tutorials or some kind of channel for it?

Also what kind of glue are you using, and is that just paint that you're using on the edges of the leather?
    Thanks that's exactly what it was supposed to be "Inspiring" for someone.

Junk stores like a local Goodwill, Handbags purses belts shoes jackets anything in leather really.

Any leather glue will do.... regular EdgeKote for edges...nothing fancy here, just tried to keep it as simplistic as possible.

I started the process last night and I was right in that it's harder than it looks! For me, I think it's the leather. I got some 8oz veg-tanned leather and it is stiff and hard! Might also be the quality of it... I think it's dried out. Still, this is fun!

- Tappy Talkied
    Karkarov likes this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information