How to move/adjust lug holes in a strap?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pallet Spoon

Thread: How to move/adjust lug holes in a strap?

How to move/adjust lug holes in a strap?

Not even sure if that's the right terminology, so couldn't find anything with a search.

I have a leather strap from Tissot that I think would look really nice on a Mido watch. But the holes in the strap don't align to where the holes are on the watch. The strap is fitted to the case (not a typical flat end strap) so there is room to cut the hole a little closer to the watch case. I just can't think of a way to do it. Is there a tool out there that would be thin enough and easy enough to control?

Re: How to move/adjust lug holes in a strap?

Quote Originally Posted by fungo45 View Post
    Not even sure if that's the right terminology, so couldn't find anything with a search.

I have a leather strap from Tissot that I think would look really nice on a Mido watch. But the holes in the strap don't align to where the holes are on the watch. The strap is fitted to the case (not a typical flat end strap) so there is room to cut the hole a little closer to the watch case. I just can't think of a way to do it. Is there a tool out there that would be thin enough and easy enough to control?
    I have used a round "jewelers file" (aka needle file) to ream out ... or actually file away some of the leather material from the inside of a lug hole on a strap. It is a slow process (move very carefully) which is actually a good thing as removal of too much material would obviously ruin the strap. Do at your own risk. There is always the chance you will file right through the leather. This is the only method I have found however, that works.

Last edited by Pallet Spoon; April 20th, 2017 at 16:48.
    Karkarov likes this.

Thanks. This is exactly what I need. I figured there would be something out there for this!

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

I would prescribe extreme caution and perhaps experiment on a more economical strap. Tissot straps aren't cheap by any means. If you ruin a $10 strap it will hurt your pride less than ruining a $60 Tissot strap. ;)

\\ Sent from an Android or iOS device //
    Hidden Content

MK II Kingston "Bond"; Key West "Pussy Galore"; Nassau 3-6-9; Graywater GMT. O&W M4, M5. Orient EV09, ER1S (2010 STI Series I). Seikos: SKXA47K (2005), 7T32-6M59 (1991), H558-5009 (1985), 7A48-7000 (my precious! 1985), 7009-4040 (1980?), 6117-6410 (1974). Steinhart Ocean Black DLC MilSub mod. Tissot TXL Digital7.

Thread Information