WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Looking for quality but affordable nato strap

7K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  jannen 
#1 ·
Title says it all. I have a Seiko SNZG13. When I initially got the watch I was a bit impulsive and got a very cheap and overpriced NATO with it. Now I'm looking for a nicer quality strap but still keep it in line with the affordable watch. I'm thinking around $15. Any recommendations?

I also heard about Wrist Candy Watch Club from the Youtuber TGV. Their NATOs run $15 each, and I saw an intriguing canvas strap on their website for $12, but I'm a little iffy about the company (I'm usually skeptical about sponsored companies). Any experience with them?

#3 ·
Hi,

I tried dozens of brands, from the 1$ cheap straps to higher end ones.

The difference is that the more you pay, the nylon gets softer and the hardware is nicer. Build quality is also higher as you pay more.

For the price, the best quality is definitely Toxic NATOs. Under 20$, they are unbeatable. The hardware is top quality, material is substantial and soft and the service is awesome.

I have their regular NATOs and tried their top-grade "Shiznit" on an Eterna Super Kontiki. Both are excellent.

Cheers,
S.

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC 70

#5 ·
Cincy Strap Works and Zuludiver are my favorites from what I've tried (like them more than Nato Strap Co, Timefactors or Toxic Straps). Material is the right balance of tough enough to look decent for a while but remaining comfortable.

#9 ·
I was about to buy some Toxic Straps when I saw your post. How does the hardware compare with the Cincy and Toxic? I am looking for something with a pretty sturdy buckle to wear in the water. Most inexpensive straps have a loose tang and springbar buckles. Looking for something a little better.

#6 ·
Hi JoelF,
Just wanted to let you know that we carry many NATO's that you will find to compliment your Seiko SNZG13 all under your cost of Twenty Dollars.
I included a pic I got online with a Strap we carry. it's the Black OPS II and the hardware can be Polished, Brushed or PVD(Black).
Let me know what you think.
http://i.imgur.com/pofjY.jpg

Marty from NATO STRAP CO.

#11 ·
Hi Joelf,

Check out Panatime's selection of Natos
Panatime 20mm Nato Straps

They range in price from the lowest at 15 dollars with a range of styles and finishes from 18mm-26mm.

Some of the highest quality Natos on the market, guaranteed to last you long!

Hope you find what you are looking for, the Seiko SNZG13 is a great watch you need to find a killer strap to put on it!
Hey, Panatime...do you guys carry Nato's? :D

#7 ·
So far Tocix and Blushark look the most promising. What about leather natos? I'm thinking I might like a natural leather strap, but I understand I'd have to bump my budget up. Maybe to $40? The Toxic ROO straps look great, but I'm not sure if I want to spend $50 for a single strap. Are there any other straps for a more affordable price (natural leather, brushed or polished hardware, 22mm)?

#19 ·
#10 ·
Hi Joelf,

Check out Panatime's selection of Natos
Panatime 20mm Nato Straps

They range in price from the lowest at 15 dollars with a range of styles and finishes from 18mm-26mm.

Some of the highest quality Natos on the market, guaranteed to last you long!

Hope you find what you are looking for, the Seiko SNZG13 is a great watch you need to find a killer strap to put on it!

#13 ·
Does anyone viewing this thread have any suggestions for a NATO strap in the UK?
Toxic look fine BUT shipping, duty, VAT, handling charges, will more than double the price.

Ebay is the "go to" place I guess, but which sellers there or elsewhere for quality, affordable, strap for a UK buyer? Many thanks.

Oh... and it's going on my first diver, the (hopefully) quality & affordable Casio MDV-106 from here: Casio MDV-106-1A Mens Duro 200M Modern Analog 200M Diver Sports Watch â€" Great Watches
I entered coupon "greatwatches" for an extra 5% off. £42.75 delivered in the UK (no import charges).

Why so cheap a diver? Well, my usual watch is a Rolex DJ so I'm worried anything else might not get much wrist time. We'll see!

#18 ·
I haven't gotten into nicer nato bands, but I am very pleased with the Ritche bands I got from Amazon. They are $12 for TWO, and free shipping, so very cheap. They are 1.5mm thick and have heavy brushed Zulu hardware that match the finish on Seiko SNK80x watches perfectly. Thye have 18, 20, and 22mm. They are a bit short, though.

Fashion accessory Hand Wrist Finger Strap

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.