Making some straps - Page 22
Like Tree187Likes

Thread: Making some straps

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 227
  1. #211
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New Jersy USA
    Posts
    1,594

    Re: Making some straps




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SHANE 1000 likes this.

  2. #212
    Member liwang22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Jersey City, NJ
    Posts
    2,824

    Re: Making some straps

    Very nice


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    snpr9696 likes this.

  3. #213
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New Jersy USA
    Posts
    1,594

    Re: Making some straps

    Quote Originally Posted by liwang22 View Post
    Very nice


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #214
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    508

    Re: Making some straps

    I usually don't care for rally-type straps but that is exquisite.


    Sent from inside a nondescript blue police box sometime in the 21st century...
    snpr9696 likes this.

  5. #215
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New Jersy USA
    Posts
    1,594

    Re: Making some straps

    Quote Originally Posted by webicons View Post
    I usually don't care for rally-type straps but that is exquisite.


    Sent from inside a nondescript blue police box sometime in the 21st century...
    Thank you. I usually dont make them either...lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #216
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New Jersy USA
    Posts
    1,594

    Re: Making some straps




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #217
    Member SHANE 1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    France / sometimes the USA
    Posts
    6,147

    Re: Making some straps

    Quote Originally Posted by snpr9696 View Post



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Joe it might be worth doing the coloured / burnishing? edges before you stitch, that way it won't muddy up your thread, gives it a cleaner look that way.

    Just an observation that's all mate.
    Last edited by SHANE 1000; August 15th, 2017 at 16:19.
    snpr9696 likes this.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

  8. #218
    Member Karkarov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Definitely not Sweden
    Posts
    899

    Re: Making some straps

    Quote Originally Posted by SHANE 1000 View Post
    Joe it might be worth doing the coloured / burnishing? edges before you stitch, that way it won't muddy up your thread, gives it a cleaner look that way.

    Just an observation that's all mate.
    Well like I mentioned in Level.5's thread it does give the straps a more "rustic" look when you let the dye/burnishing get just a little out of control. So it is possible that Joe intentionally goes for this look?
    SHANE 1000 and snpr9696 like this.

  9. #219
    Member SHANE 1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    France / sometimes the USA
    Posts
    6,147

    Re: Making some straps

    Karkarov!.....Well like I mentioned in Level.5's thread it does give the straps a more "rustic" look when you let the dye/burnishing get just a little out of control. So it is possible that Joe intentionally goes for this look?

    If that was Joe's intention then it was executed excellently Jason.
    snpr9696 likes this.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

  10. #220
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New Jersy USA
    Posts
    1,594

    Re: Making some straps

    Quote Originally Posted by SHANE 1000 View Post
    Karkarov!.....Well like I mentioned in Level.5's thread it does give the straps a more "rustic" look when you let the dye/burnishing get just a little out of control. So it is possible that Joe intentionally goes for this look?

    If that was Joe's intention then it was executed excellently Jason.
    Sorry Just saw this. Yes if I'm going for a more rustic look sometimes I'll burnish the edges and hit the thread a little. If not I'll do all the work before hand. I don't really use dye on my straps. Only the edges at times then hot wax.
    Thank you all.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SHANE 1000 and Karkarov like this.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •