Mr Sailcloth/iwantastrap.com?
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Mr Sailcloth/iwantastrap.com?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mr Sailcloth/iwantastrap.com?

Hi. Does anybody has any experience with these straps? They are water resistant straps made from a sailcloth-type nylon. I found a few positive youtube reviews. And if the reviews on the website are to be believed, they are quality straps. What I'd be more interested in finding out is how they have held up after a few months of wear. Any votes for or against?

Re: Mr Sailcloth/iwantastrap.com?

I have this Kevlar strap from Hadley-Roma that has a synthetic backing purchased from Holben's for under $30.....Textile straps experience a small amount of fraying but can be remedied by periodic grooming.....Like ear or errant nose hair.
    It's supple and, for me, an excellent look.....

Name:  IMG_5118_Fotor.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  252.0 KB
    Lee Rappeport

Hidden Content

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________________

PREVIOUSLY OWNED

Glycine Vacuum, Glycine Observer (2), Glycine Power reserve DLC, Rolex sub no date(1967), Rolex sub Chronometer movement, Bulova Accutron RR edition,
    Seiko Orange monster, IWC 38mm Pilot, Chronoswiss Kairos SS, Steinhart O1V, Oris BC3, Oris triple complication, Tissot Sea Star, MK II Seafighter, Seiko SNKF11, Steinhart Ocean 44, Steinhart Ocean Black GMT, Seiko SRP 777 TURTLE.

CURRENTLY OWN

Hamilton Barton (circa 1951), Seiko Sun045 50th Anniversary Kinetic, and a $5.00 quartz watch.....

No issues with the strap. The deployant clasp was junk. For $50 you can find much better.
    JeanRichard Aquascope, EDOX Hydro Sub Automatic, Glycine Airman SST 12, EDOX Hydro Sub Quartz, Eterna Kontiki Date, Raymond Weil Freelancer Titanium Chronograph, Bulova Accutron Snorkel II, Seiko SRP775 "Turtle", Seiko Monster Gen 2 Black, Seiko 5 SOXA MOD, Seiko SKX009 SOXA MOD, Seiko Sportura Kinetic Chronograph, Parnis B&R GMT Homage

I was one of the first people to buy one from him, and the strap holds up okay. That said the person above says the strap was 50 bucks? When I bought it I paid like 30, and I agree, at 50 you are paying too much.

Straps are 35; deployant's a separate 15.
    And it is also said, "go not to the Elves for counsel, for they will say no and yes."
    -- Frodo, to Gildor

I agree that these straps are certainly worth $35. They won't last forever, but at that price you can afford to replace them once they start to look worn.

I have several of Clement's straps and I am pleased with their design and quality. I have exposed them to sea water, sun, sweat, etc and I have not seen any deterioration of the strap. Highly recommended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies. I think I'll be getting one of these. Even if it doesn't last that long its a modest price. I saw a picture of a Rolex Explorer II Polar on the strap with white stitching and couldn't believe how good it looked. I have the white-dialed Orient Mako USA 2 and am hoping to replicate that goodness.
    CV50 likes this.

Has anyone compared them to Maratec-Elite straps? these look much the same material, just tapered and a different stitch pattern. I just placed an order for a grey-stitch one. I had just tried my white-stitch ME on my SRP773 and it looks fairly good, but i know i would like it much better with grey stitch, which maratec never made, and the closest thing i could think of was the iwantastrap.

I've had a handful of Maratecs for a couple years because countycomm was selling them for $6, but before then the best one was the black stitch one i got earlier on. I still have it, though the edges near the holes have detached a little. still wearable but i don't much anymore. I later found a lookalike on eBay, very similar but slightly different materials. it's holding up well. as long as i can wear the iwantastrap off and on for several years, i'll see that as worth it.
    (just a) timetellinnoob
    SEIKO: SNDA67, SKX779, SKX007 (mod), SNZG15, SKX-PMMM, 6309-7040 (12/1980 rfrb/mod),
    7002-7000 (7/91 Loy's), SRP227 (mod)
    , SNXS79, SSC031, SNKL45, SNX993 (mod),
    SARB033 SPIRIT, PROSPEX SRP775 (mod),
    THE LATEST: PROSPEX SRP773 (mod)

I checked out a couple reviews of the strap, and, dang, now i'm a lot more excited about it. i should have just watched some reviews earlier, ha. most of my watches are 22mm and the grey would work on them all as well as they're mostly black dial fare.

and if it's really really good, i might just have to buy a black stitch one as well!
    (just a) timetellinnoob
    SEIKO: SNDA67, SKX779, SKX007 (mod), SNZG15, SKX-PMMM, 6309-7040 (12/1980 rfrb/mod),
    7002-7000 (7/91 Loy's), SRP227 (mod)
    , SNXS79, SSC031, SNKL45, SNX993 (mod),
    SARB033 SPIRIT, PROSPEX SRP775 (mod),
    THE LATEST: PROSPEX SRP773 (mod)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information