WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

NATO & ZULU better alternative

3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  James Haury 
#1 ·
I have never been a fan of either NATO nor ZULU straps as I think they feel flimsy and look cheap. Yet I thought a nice good looking, strong and comfortable fabric type strap would be great.

I HAVE FOUND THE STRAP! It is a canvas/velcro band sold by bandrbands. These straps are good looking, tough as nails, reasonably priced and comfortable.

Here are a few of my watches on these straps. You can specify silver or black hardware. All of mine have black hardware regardless the watch. BTW, I'm not affiliated with the seller, just a very happy wearer!

Check them out as I think you would like them. Cheers, Bill P.

My UGA "bulldawg" black/red stripe band ready for the football season.

A black/orange strip band on my H3 Tactical

An olive strap on my Luminox

See less See more
#6 ·
David, the bandrbands straps are two piece and head and shoulders above NATO or ZULU bands, IMHO. These canvas/velcro straps are high quality and very comfortable to wear. Give one a try as I think you would like it.

burrycloud, I tried a GasGasBones strap and it did not compare to the bandrbands strap and it cost much more. I was disappointed in the GasGasBones strap. Cheers, Bill P.

#9 ·
David, the bandrbands straps are two piece and head and shoulders above NATO or ZULU bands, IMHO. These canvas/velcro straps are high quality and very comfortable to wear. Give one a try as I think you would like it.

burrycloud, I tried a GasGasBones strap and it did not compare to the bandrbands strap and it cost much more. I was disappointed in the GasGasBones strap. Cheers, Bill P.
I have a ggb zero zero, and I think it was quite good.
I mainly like the design of the leather mixed with the nylon.

Although it did arrive with a defect, which could have been prevented with better QC.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.