New forum member blown away! - Page 9
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: New forum member blown away!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Re: New forum member blown away!

That's what I keep telling my son:
    Two shoulder surgeries and a broken collar bone from competitive sports and he's going to be in a world of hurt when he gets older.

You should be a hand model Shane!

Sent from inside a nondescript blue police box sometime in the 21st century...

Yep same here years of abuse to the body and paying the price now.
    NOT my hands Ed, just looked up on google search and found that picture, sh*t my hands are like shovels so the only modelling I could do is industrial diggers ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by webicons View Post
    That's what I keep telling my son:
    Two shoulder surgeries and a broken collar bone from competitive sports and he's going to be in a world of hurt when he gets older.

You should be a hand model Shane!

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

Can't wait until I get my next shipment of leathers. I really recommend Springfield leather. They have some nice stuff sold by the foot. Rusty is a nice guy and they are willing to split the leather to spec for a nominal charge.

I'm working on making some adornments for the straps. It's a long process but should look cool when I'm done with them.

That looks good!

Made this one tonight. On the fence about it. Never worn a bund strap because they were never comfortable.

Don't know if I'm just not used to it or don't like it.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    webicons likes this.

Can't wait until I get my next shipment of leathers. I really recommend Springfield leather. They have some nice stuff sold by the foot. Rusty is a nice guy and they are willing to split the leather to spec for a nominal charge.

I'm working on making some adornments for the straps. It's a long process but should look cool when I'm done with them.

I sense something wrong with this strap. The surfaces got some lines. Is it the type of leather or is it crinkle?

Quote Originally Posted by candyhandcraft View Post
    I sense something wrong with this strap. The surfaces got some lines. Is it the type of leather or is it crinkle?
    It's a type of oiled tanned leather that has a lot of stretch and pull-up to it. It's certainly different as you can bend and pull the leather for a lot of wrinkles or rub and smooth it out. I like it for it's soft and velvety touch.

It's a type of oiled tanned leather that has a lot of stretch and pull-up to it. It's certainly different as you can bend and pull the leather for a lot of wrinkles or rub and smooth it out. I like it for it's soft and velvety touch.

So that's the type of leather. But i really don't like the line IMHO.
    In the contrary, the strap's finished in the very good way. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by candyhandcraft View Post
    The leather when all wrinkled like that is what some love to see, has that worn look to it, and when you bend it around the wrinkles get even better IF you like that look to begin with.
    elmiperru and Karkarov like this.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

I just discovered a way to get the perfect patina on leather:

Have your dog wear it for a few weeks. The collar that I made my pooch looks amazing now. All that dirt, oil, rain and maybe a little poop really makes the leather look awesome.

Now to think of a way to cover her up with a bunch of leather without her chewing it off...

Karkarov likes this.

Been making some journal covers to give as gifts. Dyeing leather is a whole art in itself.
    Unless you test the dye mixes on some scraps you have no idea how they come out. I think this one came out pretty cool. It's a mix of red and brown oil dye.

Making straps is fun. Making journal covers is work.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information