WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

New Hobby making Baseball Straps. What do you guys think?? Pic Crazy

15K views 156 replies 46 participants last post by  readyandgame 
#1 · (Edited)
My wife put a stop to purchasing watches and straps so I started making my own from old baseball gloves I had. I found I really enjoyed it and then a few of my baseball buddies started asking for some. I've sold about 30 of them and being able to purchase some real watches and the wife I'm using that money for new watches. Let me know what you guys think. Be brutally honest. Keep in mind I do this as a hobby and something to pass the time. No pro here.

I used official MLB Rawlings balls and added lambskin to the inside. I used the same thread from the balls.

The 4 baseball straps were made for former Colorado Rockies pitcher Manny Corpas. 3 of the balls were used during the 2013 Rockies 20th Anniversary Season

Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Watch accessory Leather Buckle Strap Material property

Fashion accessory

Skateboard Font

Orange Font Fashion accessory T-shirt

Text Font Coca-cola Cola Art

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

Watch accessory Watch Fashion accessory Analog watch Strap

Watch accessory Watch Strap Fashion accessory Material property

Buckle Fashion accessory Belt Strap Material property

Textile Fashion accessory Games

Baseball Vintage base ball Postage stamp

Zipper Fashion accessory

Watch accessory Watch Strap Fashion accessory Jewellery

Textile Fashion accessory Paper product Zipper Paper

Attachments

See less See more
#73 ·
These straps are a very clever idea, beautifully executed. This has a chance to go huge for you, from a business standpoint. I wonder if it "blows up" like I think it could, if you'll run into any problems with MLB or the glove and baseball manufacturers? Licensing and such? Hell, try to work out a deal with MLB! Get these bad boys on their website! You'll need to knock out some walls at home and build a factory!

#81 ·
My dad's bday is coming up and his always liked my Nighthawk so decided to buy him his own watch and made him a custom baseball strap being the huge baseball fan and sticking by his CO Rockies. Poor Guy lol but true fan. Made it from left over parts of a Bob Schmidt Glove that I had made for another WUS member.

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

Attachments

#96 ·
Wondering if you've done anything in 18mm. I'm curious if you have any gloves with logos/ branding that would work on a strap of that size. I'm not a huge baseball person but if you have anything Canadian themed that would be sweet. Random list I know but your straps look amazing.

follow my watch shenanigans on instagram @theoriginalripi

#97 ·
I have not done a 18mm strap but it would cut a little off the logo. Sorry but I dont have anything Canadian.

Wondering if you've done anything in 18mm. I'm curious if you have any gloves with logos/ branding that would work on a strap of that size. I'm not a huge baseball person but if you have anything Canadian themed that would be sweet. Random list I know but your straps look amazing.

follow my watch shenanigans on instagram @theoriginalripi

#99 ·
Just received a Cal Ripkin Jr. strap from Miguel. The strap is very nice and has a soft feel.

Fashion accessory Cap Badge

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Red Footwear Shoe Carmine Fashion accessory

The strap was ordered on Sunday and received the following Saturday with several updates in between regarding the details of the progress of the strap and opportunities for customization (lamb skin liner color, strap length, keepers, etc.).

Nice work and thanks again!

#101 ·
Just received a Cal Ripkin Jr. strap from Miguel. The strap is very nice and has a soft feel.

View attachment 2974818

The strap was ordered on Sunday and received the following Saturday with several updates in between regarding the details of the progress of the strap and opportunities for customization (lamb skin liner color, strap length, keepers, etc.).

Nice work and thanks again!
JB thanks for posting. Pictures look great. It goes perfect with Rolex.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.