Perfect leather strap for my Oris Carl Brashear Limited Edition
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Perfect leather strap for my Oris Carl Brashear Limited Edition

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Perfect leather strap for my Oris Carl Brashear Limited Edition

Hello, guys.

I am new here and it is my greatest pleasure to be part of one of the most reputable watch forums in the world!

I registered for watchuseek.com solely because I wanted watch experts and watch lovers to help me getting perfect leather strap and buckles for my Oris Carl Brashear Limited Edition watch. I ordered it last week from international Oris dealer and can't wait to see my first watch!

There are some criteria for my watch straps:

1. Has to be genuine leather. (No rubber or nylon, etc.)
    2. Dark Brown with rough surface that matches my bronze watch after it patinatize.
    3. Buckle must be bronze that matches my watch's case.
    4. No logo or brand name on the leather strap or on the buckle (unless the brand Oris).
    5. Durable enough to wear it for rest of my life. (I want to spend my life with this watch and watch this watch getting old as I do)
    6. Waterproof (optional but highly desirable)

I attached the picture of Oris Carl Brashear just to give guys idea how the watch looks like. After all, Oris is not as famous as other luxury brand such as Panerai, Omega, or Rolex. But I fell in love with this watch ever since I saw this watch. I also attached the watch strap I found online that I like but no idea the name of the strap. It doesn't have to be this kind of strap but I'd like to know the name and where to find more like this.

Please guys. If you know perfect leather strap for me, kindly let me know.

Thanks for your time and input in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Perfect leather strap for my Oris Carl Brashear Limited Edition

Water proof is not all that feasible given you criteria. I would go to Martu straps and buy two. They are reasonably priced. I'd get the Pebbled Brown vintages leather and the Green Canvas.

I think they have copper buckles by request request too which will match well with the bronze. I bought the green canvas and I plan on going back for a few leathers.

Name:  IMG_0554.JPG
Views: 480
Size:  61.7 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nokie likes this.

Check out Hirsch watch straps. They have some straps that are waterproof or water resistant to 100m. As for a bronze buckle that's going to be a tough call. Your either going to have to take off the oris buckle that came with the watch or search for an aftermarket bronze buckle.

Teague
    1. Anonimo Cronoscopio Mark II TruBlu LE
    2. Ball Trainmaster Cannonball Express
    3. Ball Trainmaster Cleveland Express
    4. Ball Trainmaster Moon Light Special LE
    5. Habring2 Chrono Sport Valjoux 7733 Manual Movement LE
    6. Longines Master Collection Manual Movement
    7. Muhle Glashutte 29er Big
    8. RGM 250 Vintage
    9. Tag Heuer professional 2000 quartz
    10. Omega SMP Moon Watch
    11. Baume & Mercier Classima Executive XL
    12. Tissot SeaStar 1000 Chronograph
    13. Victrinox INOX Titanium

USED TO OWN
    1. Azimuth Jagdbomber 47mm
    2. Tutima Grand Classic
    3. Tag Heuer Links Chronograph
    4. Zenith Chronomaster T
    5. Chronoswiss Lunar Triple Date

So few things.

1. You have an Oris Carl Brashear, which means I must hate you because I do not have an Oris Carl Brashear.
    2. You can't get a real leather strap and it be waterproof, it just doesn't work that way. It can be really resistant, but you will never be able to take it in the shower or go swimming with it, etc.
    3. Avoid hornback, it is a little too much for that watch. You want to go with something like traditional croc hide. May I also suggest getting a handpainted strap, with non contrasting stitching. If you just have to do Hornback, make sure it is the small horns.
    4. Get with a custom maker, don't buy something off the shelf. Dangerous 9 straps, Combat Straps, Brusnitcyn, Clover, SNPR, Gunny Straps, a billion others I am forgetting.... Just get with someone who can make something legitimately unique to your needs and your watch. It will be worth it.
    5. Maybe at least play with the idea of giving burgundy a shot over straight brown. It is still fairly brown, but that slight hint of red really works well with bronze.
    6. You don't need to worry about the strap coming with the buckle, you can size it with a customer maker so the Oris buckle will work. Or just buy a bronze buckle separately.
    Last edited by Karkarov; January 30th, 2017 at 04:40.
    Nokie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Karkarov View Post
    So few things.

1. You have an Oris Carl Brashear, which means I must hate you because I do not have an Oris Carl Brashear.
      You can't get a real leather strap and it be waterproof, it just doesn't work that way. It can be really resistant, but you will never be able to take it in the shower or go swimming with it, etc.
      Avoid hornback, it is a little too much for that watch. You want to go with something like traditional croc hide. May I also suggest getting a handpainted strap, with non contrasting stitching. If you just have to do Hornback, make sure it is the small horns.
      Get with a custom maker, don't buy something off the shelf. Dangerous 9 straps, Combat Straps, Brusnitcyn, Clover, SNPR, Gunny Straps, a billion others I am forgetting.... Just get with someone who can make something legitimately unique to your needs and your watch. It will be worth it.
      Maybe at least play with the idea of giving burgundy a shot over straight brown. It is still fairly brown, but that slight hint of red really works well with bronze.
      You don't need to worry about the strap coming with the buckle, you can size it with a customer maker so the Oris buckle will work. Or just buy a bronze buckle separately.
    Thanks for the detail advises and sorry you must hate me but that's the beauty of having limited edition!! Not everyone can have it.

It was a real pain to find the seller that actually unworn and brand new Oris Carl Brashear. There're so many sellers out there, claiming they're selling new watches when their watches are already showing patina.
    Karkarov likes this.

Thanks for the inputs, guys! All three of you!

So here I learned leather strap is hardly a water-proof and that I'll either have to use oris bronze buckle or buy bronze buckle seperately. I can work with that. I don't really like water anyway because it makes my skin dry and makes my hair funny and I never wear anything while taking shower. After all, water resistant 10 bar is not really great spec to be in water.

By the way, that is a nice Tudor bronze watch, CastorTroy3. I don't really know about watches but I have seen that watch a lot because a number of people would compare Oris Carl Brashear with Tudor Bronze. I was really tempted to buy that watch instead of Carl Brashear for a moment because the watch was chronometer officially certified and water resistant was 20 bar.

But in the end I chose Carl Brashear because it was a limited edition that makes it more special and the beautiful deep blue dial and I liked its bronze tone more.

Anyways, thanks again for the inputs. I'll keep in mind your advises and resources.
    Karkarov likes this.

If you are going to look at Hirsch, check out the Robby or Performance lines. Both offer excellent water resistance.
    Karkarov likes this.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

I noticed that many straps does not have lug size 21mm. Is it okay to use 20mm or 22mm? Is it gonna fit?

22 will work fine.

Bronzo for bronze

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information