"Seatbelt" NATO strap roundup: BluShark, Cincy, PhenomeNato, and WatchGecko (Picture heavy!) - Page 10
Like Tree224Likes

Thread: "Seatbelt" NATO strap roundup: BluShark, Cincy, PhenomeNato, and WatchGecko (Picture heavy!)

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Re: "Seatbelt" NATO strap roundup: BluShark, Cincy, PhenomeNato, and WatchGecko (Picture heavy!)

Just got my first Edox and immediately went on a blue phenomeNATO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    WiZARD7, kplam and Derkdiggler like this.
    Instagram: @watches503

Re: "Seatbelt" NATO strap roundup: BluShark, Cincy, PhenomeNato, and WatchGecko (Picture heavy!)

Great comparison and an excellent and useful thread!!
    I use many Nato straps, and I recently went a "step up" with the seatbelt natos.
    But I went more for style (I'm Italian after all...) and price than for any other reason: so, excluding the OEM Omega from the beginning for a matter of cost, I went for the best options available for each one of my single watches.

I started with a 20mm (slightly underrated brand in this thread) Timefactors Bond pattern for my ss Omega Seamaster MC, perfect fit for the 21mm lugs, and great value for the money. Soft, comfortable and silky smooth as it should be.

Then, also due to the generally scarce choice of colors in the seatbelt nato range, and after reading this post, I got a beautiful 20mm blue PhenomeNato for my Titanium Omega PO. Great strap and great blue hue, only a bit on the expensive side compared to all the others, but definitely on par with an excellent watch.

Finally, and it should be on its way at this very moment, I ordered for a very reasonable price a 22 mm red striped black WatchGecko Zuludiver for my Tudor BB Italiano LE, a Limited Edition BB with a few red details, this time again the reasons being a limited red color choice and a reasonable price.
    I'll keep you posted as soon as it fits my Tudor!!

Ciaooo,
    R
    Last edited by erreeffe; May 6th, 2017 at 09:14.
    WiZARD7 and kpjimmy like this.
    It's not rocket science. But it's close!

VACHERON CONSTANTIN Overseas Chrono
    OMEGA Speedmaster Professional 1957
    OMEGA Speedmaster Professional 1957 Broad Arrow
    OMEGA Seamaster PO Ti
    OMEGA Seamaster 300MC
    TUDOR Heritage Black Bay Italiano LE
    ZENITH El Primero Original 1969 38mm
    ZENITH Chronomaster El Primero Moon Phase
    STEINHART Ocean Titanium 500 GMT Premium

I asked in another thread but I want to get your opinions. What hardware (brushed vs polished) do you gentlemen recommend for Nato? I have watches that have both brushed and polished parts, though most have polished faced and brushed sides. What is most versatile?

Quote Originally Posted by will8 View Post
    I asked in another thread but I want to get your opinions. What hardware (brushed vs polished) do you gentlemen recommend for Nato? I have watches that have both brushed and polished parts, though most have polished faced and brushed sides. What is most versatile?
    Just ordered 3 Phenomenato: 2 brushed for my SKX007 and a polished for my speedy CK2998 resp. Bond, black and blue. Will post pics.
    WiZARD7 likes this.

I personally feel brushed is a little more versatile. It won't overpower the watch head. It also has the added benefit of hiding scratches better. Moreover, NATO are seen as more utilitarian and toolish accessories for watches and I feel brushed hardware would suit that style more.
    calebk likes this.

Does the hardware on the Toxic ShtzNit N80 sit prouder on the strap compared to the PhenomeNato? From the photos I've seen it 'seems' the latter are are little more low profile.

Well, a teaser for everyone, got a few more different premium NATO straps incoming, including the Toxic, so I'll be able to do another comparison of all those things when they arrive.

It'll probably be a couple weeks though.
    will8 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Iandk View Post
    Well, a teaser for everyone, got a few more different premium NATO straps incoming, including the Toxic, so I'll be able to do another comparison of all those things when they arrive.

It'll probably be a couple weeks though.
    Can't wait to read your review. Will help me decide what option to choose between the Toxic N80 and Phenomenato.

Has the manufacturer addressed the stitching issues in the straps that are now shipping?
    Last edited by Porsche993; May 10th, 2017 at 03:08.

I still have yet to try the Cincy or Phenomenato, but I must say I love Toxic a lot more than blushark (alpha or otherwise) and more than anything else I've tried to date. The shizznit is pretty incredible, but when the shininess doesn't work on a particular watch, even their standard straps are incredible. I just end up taking off all other brands so far.

I do need to try a Phenomenato soon though.
    WatchDialOrange and WiZARD7 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by will8 View Post
    I personally think you should try to get hardware that matches the finishing on the watch you're buying it for. That being said, brushed can pretty much go with everything while polished looks out of place on an all brushed watch.
    WiZARD7 and duc like this.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread Information