"Seatbelt" NATO strap roundup: BluShark, Cincy, PhenomeNato, and WatchGecko (Picture heavy!) - Page 12
Like Tree193Likes

Thread: "Seatbelt" NATO strap roundup: BluShark, Cincy, PhenomeNato, and WatchGecko (Picture heavy!)

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Re: "Seatbelt" NATO strap roundup: BluShark, Cincy, PhenomeNato, and WatchGecko (Picture heavy!)

This really is a very useful thread. Thanks OP and all who have contributed.

I should be receiving a BluShark Alpha Shark Nato tomorrow - it will be my first "premium" Nato strap (all the others I've had came from cheapestnatostraps.com) - and this thread now has me interested in trying a "seatbelt" style Nato as well...

Re: "Seatbelt" NATO strap roundup: BluShark, Cincy, PhenomeNato, and WatchGecko (Picture heavy!)

Grey phenomenato on my OSD

Black phenomenato on my 300 T-Graph

Blue phenomenato on Hydro Sub

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Instagram: @watches503

Quote Originally Posted by sevens View Post
    I am looking for good nato with golden hardware. Pls help/
    Forum member Ruudvv has a listing for a seatbelt weave nato with gold hardware. I haven't ordered one so I can't speak for the quality, but it looks nice.

Premium / Luxury (seat belt weave) NATO watch straps

My first high end strap, limited edition Blushark Intrepid. Silky soft
    feels extremely strong. The hardware is the best I've had on any
    strap. Holes are square and well sealed. Thumbs up Blushark👍🏻
    Name:  IMG_2966.JPG
Views: 261
Size:  306.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_2967.JPG
Views: 263
Size:  334.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_2968.JPG
Views: 266
Size:  315.3 KB

Name:  IMG_2969.JPG
Views: 267
Size:  411.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_2970.JPG
Views: 266
Size:  320.2 KB
    kpjimmy and accidentalsuccess like this.
    Tough times don't last, tough people do!

I've received mine in admiralty grey earlier today. I'm still waiting for the bond version. The shipping was pretty fast once it was shipped.
    This one I believe has the new improved stitching and it looks good to me. The overall finish is excellent.
    Very nice strap. Expensive, but very nice. I like the tight weave and smoothness of the fabric, as well as the colour.

Edit: I remember reading somewhere that the buckle's tongue of a member's strap was loose. Mine isn't, it's (not overly) tight.
    However, I did notice that when wearing the strap, the tongue sits off-centre in the buckle's "relief", which lead me to realise that the holes are off-centre by 0.5mm.
    Not a big deal, I'm not OCD enough to throw the the strap (along with the watch) in the garbage bin like some other guy would do with it's Tudor.

Edit2: The buckle's tongue does flop around when unbuckled, more than on a leather strap or than on my $3 ebay nato strap, but it's not an issue, it's tight when buckled.

Name:  _DSC0001-2p.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  346.6 KB
    Last edited by Rush; 1 Week Ago at 22:05. Reason: picture was too dark... and screwed up the attachements

Hey all, as we all know these nato straps are all sourced from China (duh!). I believe I've found the manufacturer that BluShark and other premium nato strap resellers use. For example the above 2 pictures that posters have shared above of the Admiralty Grey and the Intrepid LTD can be found in these 2 links: Chinese "Admiralty Grey" and Chinese "Intrepid LTD" . If you want to compare the "seatbelt" weave catalog I've provided it here: BluShark "AlphaShark" and JueLong "Seatbelt material. You can see that some items are dead on match (like the AlphaShark Black & Silver,Intrepid , Black & Orange etc) and some are just color variation.

I was wondering if anyone was adept at finding a reseller from china that is selling the same quality straps that premium nato resellers like BluShark are using? In bulk they are selling these at 3 dollars a pop, and even with markup from a chinese dropshipper, it wouldn't be more than 15 USD. I tried searching on .........s and ...... and haven't found anything yet.

Also, if this post is against the rules, let me know and I'll either move it to the chinese watch forums or start a new topic on this board.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by matrixsage View Post
    Hey all, as we all know these nato straps are all sourced from China (duh!). I believe I've found the manufacturer that BluShark and other premium nato strap resellers use. For example the above 2 pictures that posters have shared above of the Admiralty Grey and the Intrepid LTD can be found in these 2 links: Chinese "Admiralty Grey" and Chinese "Intrepid LTD" . If you want to compare the "seatbelt" weave catalog I've provided it here: BluShark "AlphaShark" and JueLong "Seatbelt material. You can see that some items are dead on match (like the AlphaShark Black & Silver,Intrepid , Black & Orange etc) and some are just color variation.

I was wondering if anyone was adept at finding a reseller from china that is selling the same quality straps that premium nato resellers like BluShark are using? In bulk they are selling these at 3 dollars a pop, and even with markup from a chinese dropshipper, it wouldn't be more than 15 USD. I tried searching on .........s and ...... and haven't found anything yet.

Also, if this post is against the rules, let me know and I'll either move it to the chinese watch forums or start a new topic on this board.

Thanks!
    I get what you are doing but if I were to buy from a Chinese seller the waiting would kill my buzz.

Besides I prefer buying from a small business and I like all the companies that sell especially here on wus. Sometimes they give us discounts.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kpjimmy View Post
    I get what you are doing but if I were to buy from a Chinese seller the waiting would kill my buzz.

Besides I prefer buying from a small business and I like all the companies that sell especially here on wus. Sometimes they give us discounts.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    I don't really have issues for waiting 1 - 3 months and have been a frequent A-E shopper for years. I generally don't have issues not buying from a local store if I can buy it online even if it doesn't support someone locally. Amazon is my best friend and AE is a close second.

Hey all, as we all know these nato straps are all sourced from China (duh!).
    I can't speak for the other companies, but for those who remember the big thread from where wizard7 was developing the PhenomeNato, as far as I can remember, the strap fabrication is done in Hungary (I specifically remember there being issues with getting the stitching done). Hence the "Made in EU" label on them. I have no idea about the source of the fabric or hardware; textile mills that will produce nylon webbing exist throughout the world.
    Chromejob and WiZARD7 like this.

Hey all, as we all know these nato straps are all sourced from China (duh!).
    Um ….we do?
    Hidden Content

MK II Kingston "Bond"; Key West "Pussy Galore"; Nassau 3-6-9; Graywater GMT. O&W M4, M5. Orient EV09, ER1S (2010 STI Series I). Seikos: SKXA47K (2005), 7T32-6M59 (1991), H558-5009 (1985), 7A48-7000 (my precious! 1985), 7009-4040 (1980?), 6117-6410 (1974). Steinhart Ocean Black DLC MilSub mod. Tissot TXL Digital7.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread Information