"Seatbelt" NATO strap roundup: BluShark, Cincy, PhenomeNato, and WatchGecko (Picture heavy!) - Page 13
Like Tree224Likes

Thread: "Seatbelt" NATO strap roundup: BluShark, Cincy, PhenomeNato, and WatchGecko (Picture heavy!)

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Re: "Seatbelt" NATO strap roundup: BluShark, Cincy, PhenomeNato, and WatchGecko (Picture heavy!)

Quote Originally Posted by Iandk View Post
    I can't speak for the other companies, but for those who remember the big thread from where wizard7 was developing the PhenomeNato, as far as I can remember, the strap fabrication is done in Hungary (I specifically remember there being issues with getting the stitching done). Hence the "Made in EU" label on them. I have no idea about the source of the fabric or hardware; textile mills that will produce nylon webbing exist throughout the world.
    Thanks

I'd be quite surprised if I would see my straps available at any Chinese seller.
    I do myself all the cutting, and hole "punching" on the webbing, I take them to a local sewing factory, and get back the finished straps in a few days ;)
    Shmurge, SD350, R.A.D. and 4 others like this.
    *** Omega Seamaster GMT - 2234.50.00 *** Omega Planet Ocean Chronograph - 215.30.46.51.03.001 *** Omega Speedmaster Professional "Moonwatch" - 3572.50.00 *** Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military MAXI - Limited Edition *** Seiko Marinemaster Professional - SBBN035 *** Grand Seiko "Snowflake" - SGA211 ***

Re: "Seatbelt" NATO strap roundup: BluShark, Cincy, PhenomeNato, and WatchGecko (Picture heavy!)

Quote Originally Posted by matrixsage View Post
    Hey all, as we all know these nato straps are all sourced from China (duh!). I believe I've found the manufacturer that BluShark and other premium nato strap resellers use. For example the above 2 pictures that posters have shared above of the Admiralty Grey and the Intrepid LTD can be found in these 2 links: Chinese "Admiralty Grey" and Chinese "Intrepid LTD" . If you want to compare the "seatbelt" weave catalog I've provided it here: BluShark "AlphaShark" and JueLong "Seatbelt material. You can see that some items are dead on match (like the AlphaShark Black & Silver,Intrepid , Black & Orange etc) and some are just color variation.

I was wondering if anyone was adept at finding a reseller from china that is selling the same quality straps that premium nato resellers like BluShark are using? In bulk they are selling these at 3 dollars a pop, and even with markup from a chinese dropshipper, it wouldn't be more than 15 USD. I tried searching on .........s and ...... and haven't found anything yet.

Also, if this post is against the rules, let me know and I'll either move it to the chinese watch forums or start a new topic on this board.

Thanks!
    Nice attempt at trolling.
    Chromejob and SaoDavi like this.
    Hidden Content
    SALES & PURCHASE REFERENCES: Hidden Content

Actually I've checked again these links.
    I don't want to speak about other manufacturers and the similarity, but there is a product where they are using a picture stolen from my IG account (and then 6 picture of their actual product, that is different)... I've filed a complaint for it.
    *** Omega Seamaster GMT - 2234.50.00 *** Omega Planet Ocean Chronograph - 215.30.46.51.03.001 *** Omega Speedmaster Professional "Moonwatch" - 3572.50.00 *** Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military MAXI - Limited Edition *** Seiko Marinemaster Professional - SBBN035 *** Grand Seiko "Snowflake" - SGA211 ***

looks killer!

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I've received mine in admiralty grey earlier today. I'm still waiting for the bond version. The shipping was pretty fast once it was shipped.
    This one I believe has the new improved stitching and it looks good to me. The overall finish is excellent.
    Very nice strap. Expensive, but very nice. I like the tight weave and smoothness of the fabric, as well as the colour.

Edit: I remember reading somewhere that the buckle's tongue of a member's strap was loose. Mine isn't, it's (not overly) tight.
    However, I did notice that when wearing the strap, the tongue sits off-centre in the buckle's "relief", which lead me to realise that the holes are off-centre by 0.5mm.
    Not a big deal, I'm not OCD enough to throw the the strap (along with the watch) in the garbage bin like some other guy would do with it's Tudor.

Edit2: The buckle's tongue does flop around when unbuckled, more than on a leather strap or than on my $3 ebay nato strap, but it's not an issue, it's tight when buckled.

Attachment 12346581
    Rush likes this.

In my experience the quality and comfort of the material blu-shark uses does not compare to toxic or cincy seat belt straps. I haven't actually felt any other strap that feels like the one's Terry from toxic produces, seatbelt or otherwise. I've tried both the seatbelt and normal natos from watchgecko and although I don't dislike them, the quality feels lower than toxic and cincy as well by a little bit. I haven't tried a phenomenato yet, but a buddy just received a couple of them so I should be able to handle them very soon and will have worn/handled/used all of the "premium" brands of natos.

I now have the edge striped seatbelt nato from Watchgecko. The fabric is not nearly as nice as the Phenomenato, which really feels premium in comparison. The strap feels more floppy and IMO isn't stiff enough to hold my SKX009. The Phenomenato isn't stiff, but it has the right amount of structural integrity with it's tighter weave.
    For the price (especially the current sale price of $15.50), the Watchgecko seatbelt strap is nice and should pair nicely with a watch that is not as top heavy as a SKX009.
    WiZARD7 likes this.

duc

Good point about the top heaviness of SKXs. The heavy duty "Bond" Nato from Phenomenato holds up very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I now have the edge striped seatbelt nato from Watchgecko. The fabric is not nearly as nice as the Phenomenato, which really feels premium in comparison. The strap feels more floppy and IMO isn't stiff enough to hold my SKX009. The Phenomenato isn't stiff, but it has the right amount of structural integrity with it's tighter weave.
    For the price (especially the current sale price of $15.50), the Watchgecko seatbelt strap is nice and should pair nicely with a watch that is not as top heavy as a SKX009.
    This was my experience with the watchgecko as well. Both their seatbelt and standard natos are thinner than other brands. I think the quality is good enough but I wouldn't wear it with a top heavy watch. I would say their seatbelt version is nicer than other brands regular natos, but not as good as some of the other premium natos out there (toxic, cincy, and phenomenato which I am still waiting to try personally).
    Instagram: @rivy_

Quote Originally Posted by ovalglow View Post
    Really useful! I have a Blu Shark strap, not the premium Bond one, but it's definitely still a cut above other NATOs I've owned. Really comfortable, AND something that has annoyed me about NATO's... IT'S THE CORRECT LENGTH. I absolutely HATE that extra little tail that I'm supposed to double back through one of the keepers. I don't have to do that with the Blu Shark. Would definitely recommend the brand.
    Double backing it is one of my favorite feature in the NATO. I actually don't like the flap just standing out even if the right length. I guess it's personal taste.

I have the omega strap and also the phenom I can say it is very similar to the omega strap after month of use I see same (almost no) visible wear other than the creases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SD350 likes this.
    Rolex Day-Date 36 [18238]
    Rolex Datejust 41 [126334]
    Rolex Submariner Date [116610LN]
    Omega Seamaster Professional PO [2201.50 - 2500D]
    Omega Speedmaster Professional [311.30.42.30.01.005]
    Casio G-Shock Multi Band 6 [GW-5000-1JF]

Quote Originally Posted by lhawli View Post
    Double backing it is one of my favorite feature in the NATO. I actually don't like the flap just standing out even if the right length. I guess it's personal taste.

I have the omega strap and also the phenom I can say it is very similar to the omega strap after month of use I see same (almost no) visible wear other than the creases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Natos look funny if they aren't folded over, even if they are the length where you don't need to. This is why nato's should come a bit longer 290-300mm so you can easily fold them back into the hardware. This is one big reason I haven't ordered more blusharks. They are too short to wear properly.
    Instagram: @rivy_

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread Information