"Seatbelt" NATO strap roundup: BluShark, Cincy, PhenomeNato, and WatchGecko (Picture heavy!) - Page 2
Like Tree193Likes

Thread: "Seatbelt" NATO strap roundup: BluShark, Cincy, PhenomeNato, and WatchGecko (Picture heavy!)

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Re: "Seatbelt" NATO strap roundup: BluShark, Cincy, PhenomeNato, and WatchGecko (Picture heavy!)

Great review! I'm planning to do a review of these straps (minus Geckota) with the Omega and a Time Factor premium nato, but just the thought of how I should present it makes me kind of tired. :p I will hopefully get around to doing it soon though.
    WiZARD7, TJ Boogie and Iandk like this.
    Current Collection (reverse order of acquisition):
    BREITLING Galactic 41|PROMETHEUS Poseidon|BULOVA Moonwatch|SEIKO Tuna SBBN033|BREITLING SO Abyss|SEIKO Pepsi Turtle-X|GRUPPO GAMMA Vanguard|OMEGA PO 8500|ORIS BC4-DM|JEANRICHARD Terrascope|JEANRICHARD Aeroscope|PERPETUAL T-04|BENARUS Moray Vintage|PANERAI 560|LONGINES Heritage 1973|SWATCH Sistem 51|TUDOR Black Bay|BENARUS Moray 42|Ocean7 LM-7PVD|STOWA Antea KS|SEIKO GS SBGR051|G-Shock GS1050B|G-Shock GW7900RD-4|SEIKO SDGA001 EPD|PANERAI 312|BALL EMII DLC|BREITLING Airwolf (circa 2009)|BATHYS HAWAII AquaCulture Rose Ti|SEIKO Ananta SD GMT|BREITLING SuperOcean(circa 2007)|G-Shock Riseman|SEA-GULL M185SP|ORIS F1 Chrono '08

Re: "Seatbelt" NATO strap roundup: BluShark, Cincy, PhenomeNato, and WatchGecko (Picture heavy!)

Rocking the Hammerhead prototype on grey phenomenato today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Instagram: @watches503

Quote Originally Posted by valuewatchguy View Post
    Here are few pics that you might be interested in. I don't own a Blushark, Phenome, or Toxic so I cant compare. The Omega is REALLY REALLY REALLY nice. Is it $150 nice......probably not for me. I want to try the Phenome since the weave looks so similar to Omega but I am very happy with the Cincy so it may be a waste of money. To start we have a Speedy on Cincy SB Nato

Hopefully the pics are decent enough to see the weave patterns.

<lots of pics>
    Thanks for those pics! The Omega's strap definitely stands out above the rest, but with that price it had sure better. :) To my eyes it looks like there's hardly any of the slight irregularities in the weave in the Omega fabric that you can find in the Cincy, WatchGecko, or PhenomeNato fabric. Not that they're bad, but not quite the 'almost flawless' look that you're paying for from Omega. I would guess that the PhenomeNato fabric probably compares favourably in regards to the material, given some other reviews I've read, but if you're happy with the straps you've got, no need for redundant straps unless you're really itching to do a comparison...

It seems like there may also be some differences in the fabric between some of the different colour patterns offered by each vendor, and I can see some hint of that in your close-up pictures of the Cincy and WatchGecko variants which are different from the ones I picked up. So, I can't really say whether the the straps I've compared at are necessarily representative of each vendor's entire "seatbelt" lineup, and I'm interested in seeing what the differences might be. If someone else is able to compare feel free to take pictures and write something up!

I'm curious enough that I might end up picking up some of the other patterns just to compare, but then I'd start getting into redundant straps (or else colour combos I'm not sure I'd wear...), and I've had enough of an influx of straps recently so I'll probably hold off, for a while at least...

Quote Originally Posted by GX9901 View Post
    Great review! I'm planning to do a review of these straps (minus Geckota) with the Omega and a Time Factor premium nato, but just the thought of how I should present it makes me kind of tired. :p I will hopefully get around to doing it soon though.
    Please do! I don't think I've seen any side-by-side comparison pictures of the Omega and PhenomeNato aside from the development pictures in the thread that's no longer available, so it would be nice to see some closeups in a review.

As to how to present it, I sort of just ramble about the different aspects which I think are relevant, and include pictures of them, I guess. :P Hope to see it soon!

Edit: Of course, after I post this, I found some comparison pictures, from duc in his post here
    Last edited by Iandk; December 3rd, 2016 at 01:27.

Nice review, I've been wearing my phenomenato pretty steadily to see how it holds up
    WiZARD7, Watches503 and TJ Boogie like this.

I'm definitely thinking about a Phenomenato. Probably in each color (LOVE the blue). I've got a new Steinhart and a Hamilton coming, and I've only heard great things about Phenomenato.
    WiZARD7 and Watches503 like this.

Great write up! I have the same Cincy strap on my MWW Morgan, and the Phenomenato on my L&H Cerberus. I have the same concerns about the holes stretching on the Cincy. I've had it for a few weeks now and the Morgan is definitely in my regular rotation. I can see the hole I use starting to stretch a bit, but so far it hasn't been bad enough to complain about- if it doesn't stretch any further I'll still be happy with it.

The Phenom isn't as supple as the Cincy, but its still fantastic. My only gripe with it is that the stitching thread is kind of stiff and has proved to be a bit scratchy depending on how tight I'm wearing it. Again, not a big enough issue that I would complain about it. The hardware is very solid, and the product presentation when unboxing is awesome so while it may be the more expensive of the lot, it feels like the price is appropriate.

All in all, I'm not sure if I would recommend one over the other, I'm quite pleased with both.

Name:  kWbHqFOh.jpg
Views: 858
Size:  66.3 KB
    Name:  n6rTKzzh.jpg
Views: 861
Size:  92.8 KB
    WiZARD7 likes this.

Thank you for all the time and effort you took for making this excellent comparison.

It's going to be very helpful for me, when I want to buy a HQ NATO strap.

Just picked up a few Cincy SB straps. Very happy to see this thread for other suggestions. So far im really loving my Cincy SB straps. Really like the feel and the colors of them.

Really useful! I have a Blu Shark strap, not the premium Bond one, but it's definitely still a cut above other NATOs I've owned. Really comfortable, AND something that has annoyed me about NATO's... IT'S THE CORRECT LENGTH. I absolutely HATE that extra little tail that I'm supposed to double back through one of the keepers. I don't have to do that with the Blu Shark. Would definitely recommend the brand.

Thank you for the comparisons! This thread is just what I was looking for!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information