"Seatbelt" NATO strap roundup: BluShark, Cincy, PhenomeNato, and WatchGecko (Picture heavy!) - Page 6
Like Tree224Likes

Thread: "Seatbelt" NATO strap roundup: BluShark, Cincy, PhenomeNato, and WatchGecko (Picture heavy!)

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Re: "Seatbelt" NATO strap roundup: BluShark, Cincy, PhenomeNato, and WatchGecko (Picture heavy!)

Quote Originally Posted by duc View Post
    Like CastorTroy said, they have only been out a short while.

I have a couple of different watches that get worn regularly, and they are different sizes (20 and 22mm lugs). I also have way too many straps. The result is that no strap is worn too long at any time. That said, I also don't care too much about the condition of the buckle holes. If they stretch a little, which is inevitable, that's the way it works....Since "the holes" are on the inside of my wrist, no one knows about the condition except me.
    Even 1 month of daily beater use would be enough to tell if it will outlast a regular "heavy" nato.

My personal concern isnt with the holes being visible to other people, its more so the watch will wear loose if the holes stretch too much. I've got a couple natos where the hole I usually use is now stretched and the watch can turn to the underside of my wrist but the next hole down still wears too tight to be comfy. This is on a watch I wear 7 days of the week, give or take 13 hours a day. Granted I know its hard to find someone with the same use-case as i do.
    brandon\ likes this.

duc

Re: "Seatbelt" NATO strap roundup: BluShark, Cincy, PhenomeNato, and WatchGecko (Picture heavy!)

I know what you mean about having a watch slide around your wrist due to a loose band. My wrist (7.7" around), swells and shrinks so much that I have to use two different holes depending on whats going on. It's aggravating because almost all the time my band is too tight or too loose for my liking. Lately I've been defaulting to "too tight". If I notice any unusual wear with the band I'll post the info. For now, no complaints.
    brandon\ and kaitanium like this.

Hi Iandk, thank you so much for this detailed and thorough review!

I just received one of the watchgecko prototypes, will post in here after I've worn it a little. Trying to trim the collection of straps and refine them at the same time and really appreciate this thread!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I was going to buy both a grey and blue PhenomeNato strap, but was disappointed to find out (and not until) the PayPal page, that VAT was also added - which is quite frankly a pain, bearing in mind these are priced in US$ dollars too!

Lovely looking straps though!
    Last edited by GoodLord; January 15th, 2017 at 19:34.
    The Ranger likes this.

Wow great thread! Thank you OP!

Figured I would post a follow up to what I wrote previously. The Cincy has been holding up fine. That watch is in my regular rotation and gets worn a few days a week and I haven't noticed the holes stretching out anymore or any fraying.

The Phenom still looks brand new, which is awesome. I'll definitely be buying more of this style strap from both vendors in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by cerialphreak View Post
    Great write up! I have the same Cincy strap on my MWW Morgan, and the Phenomenato on my L&H Cerberus. I have the same concerns about the holes stretching on the Cincy. I've had it for a few weeks now and the Morgan is definitely in my regular rotation. I can see the hole I use starting to stretch a bit, but so far it hasn't been bad enough to complain about- if it doesn't stretch any further I'll still be happy with it.

The Phenom isn't as supple as the Cincy, but its still fantastic. My only gripe with it is that the stitching thread is kind of stiff and has proved to be a bit scratchy depending on how tight I'm wearing it. Again, not a big enough issue that I would complain about it. The hardware is very solid, and the product presentation when unboxing is awesome so while it may be the more expensive of the lot, it feels like the price is appropriate.

All in all, I'm not sure if I would recommend one over the other, I'm quite pleased with both.

Excellent review, thanks!

ToxicNatos has a new Seatbelt style Nylon strap. "Toxic ShizNit N80" I just ordered one and will let you all know how it performs. The hardware and stitching look really good and price is good!
    Last edited by WatchDialOrange; February 8th, 2017 at 16:50.
    Watches503 and Caltex88 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by WatchDialOrange View Post
    ToxicNatos has a new Seatbelt style Nylon strap. "Toxic ShizNit N80" I just ordered one and will let you all know how it performs. The hardware and stitching look really good and price is good!
    Thanks for the heads-up. Will have to order one of them to compare with the rest, I think... :)
    WatchDialOrange and Caltex88 like this.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information