"Seatbelt" NATO strap roundup: BluShark, Cincy, PhenomeNato, and WatchGecko (Picture heavy!) - Page 7
Like Tree224Likes

Thread: "Seatbelt" NATO strap roundup: BluShark, Cincy, PhenomeNato, and WatchGecko (Picture heavy!)

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Re: "Seatbelt" NATO strap roundup: BluShark, Cincy, PhenomeNato, and WatchGecko (Picture heavy!)

Somebody report back if the grey is as shiny as it looks in the picture there, kind of interesting.

Re: "Seatbelt" NATO strap roundup: BluShark, Cincy, PhenomeNato, and WatchGecko (Picture heavy!)

Received a black and navy 20mm Phenomenato strap.

Quick notes/review:
    - Great material, pretty much looks and feels the same as OEM Omega
    - A tad shorter than the OEM Omega
    - Small PhenomeNato brand tag on the underside looks weird and out of place from the side when worn
    - Clasp on the underside does not sit perfectly in the middle like the OEM Omega natos
    - Sticthing is not as well done or straight as the Omegas. My Navy one is actually slanted on one the stitching...
    - Hardware like the keepers and buckle is nice, however is thinner and doesn't feel as premium as the OEM Omega.
    - Fits speedmaster perfectly, however is too tight for the GMT-Master2, had to take off springbars instead of feeding the strap through them.

TLDR: Omega OEM Nato still the best, PhenomeNato let down mainly by stitching.

Quote Originally Posted by raxraxcity View Post

i don't think i caught this detail going through this thread... is the phenomenato buckle removable or permanently sewn in?

Quote Originally Posted by taxico View Post
    i don't think i caught this detail going through this thread... is the phenomenato buckle removable or permanently sewn in?
    The PhenomeNato buckle is sewn in.

The ToxicN8O buckle is the only one out of the bunch here that has a buckle held on by a springbar.

Quote Originally Posted by raxraxcity View Post

Quick notes/review:
    - Great material, pretty much looks and feels the same as OEM Omega
    - A tad shorter than the OEM Omega
    - Small PhenomeNato brand tag on the underside looks weird and out of place from the side when worn
    - Clasp on the underside does not sit perfectly in the middle like the OEM Omega natos
    - Sticthing is not as well done or straight as the Omegas. My Navy one is actually slanted on one the stitching...
    - Hardware like the keepers and buckle is nice, however is thinner and doesn't feel as premium as the OEM Omega.
    - Fits speedmaster perfectly, however is too tight for the GMT-Master2, had to take off springbars instead of feeding the strap through them.

Thanks, I'm working on the improvement of the stitching ;)
    *** Omega Seamaster GMT - 2234.50.00 *** Omega Planet Ocean Chronograph - 215.30.46.51.03.001 *** Omega Speedmaster Professional "Moonwatch" - 3572.50.00 *** Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military MAXI - Limited Edition *** Seiko Marinemaster Professional - SBBN035 *** Grand Seiko "Snowflake" - SGA211 ***

I can post a detailed comparison of the Omega and Phenomenato strap if anyone is interested (of the exact same 'Bond' style). I've yet to see a direct comparison in that regard. The biggest difference IMO is the clasp, which is not as well constructed (flatter, wider, less aesthetically pleasing overall). IMO it is about 90% of the Omega OEM for a fraction of the price. My only other experience with 'seatbelt' style straps is blushark, which went into my drawer after my first time wearing it (should've just returned it...). However, I'm glad this new trend is taking off and more brands are jumping aboard.
    WiZARD7 and accidentalsuccess like this.

Just got in my PN strap. Phenomenal! Omega ones are great but really for the price, these PNs are amazing. I could care less about the stitching. How many times will you look closely at it? Stitching however is great in my opinion. Nice and straight, clean and groomed. Its more pronounced compared to the omega version but really its eons neater than I could ever do myself with my sewing machine. The blue color is to die for. Material is almost 1:1 to omegas and really after you put away your omega and use this one for awhile, you wont even notice the difference anymore.

PN is the closest you will get to omegas. I dont even want to consider the rest of the brands mentioned here.

Now question remains, do I want to rip off the film covering the hardware?? I dont want to ding it up lol!

Name:  20170210_172248.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  164.0 KB
    Last edited by kaitanium; February 11th, 2017 at 02:30.
    WiZARD7 and duc like this.

Hey Guys my ToxicNATO came in from Terry today and its really nice!! Its called the Toxic ShtzNit N80 and comes in 3 colors. I bought the Black but will also try the Grey next. I cant compare this to other Seat Belt Style Straps because I only have regular Nato style straps but I can say this is the most comfortable Nylon Strap I own now. The hardware is top notch the stitching is on point and the feel is really soft but sturdy. I put it on my new to me 42mm Helson White SharkDiver and it really Pops with the White dial. Only thing is I wish it was long than 290mm for my 7 inch wrist. A+ Strap and got it in 3 days!! See pics.

Name:  IMG_3016.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  218.5 KBName:  IMG_3017.jpg
Views: 531
Size:  137.2 KBName:  IMG_3018.jpg
Size:  150.7 KB

Name:  IMG_3019.jpg
Size:  227.6 KBName:  IMG_3020.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  194.8 KBName:  IMG_3021.jpg
Size:  161.1 KB
    Last edited by WatchDialOrange; February 11th, 2017 at 22:52.
    Shmurge, accidentalsuccess and duc like this.

duc

Quote Originally Posted by WatchDialOrange View Post
    Hey Guys my ToxicNATO came in from Terry today and its really nice!! Its called the Toxic ShtzNit N80 and comes in 3 colors. I bought the Black but will also try the Grey next. I cant compare this to other Seat Belt Style Straps because I only have regular Nato style straps but I can say this is the most comfortable Nylon Strap I own now. The hardware is top notch the stitching is on point and the feel is really soft but sturdy. I put it on my new to me 42mm Helson White SharkDiver and it really Pops with the White dial. Only thing is I wish it was long than 290mm for my 7 inch wrist. A+ Strap and got it in 3 days!! See pics.

Name:  IMG_3016.jpg
Size:  218.5 KBName:  IMG_3017.jpg
Size:  137.2 KBName:  IMG_3018.jpg
Size:  150.7 KB

Name:  IMG_3019.jpg
Size:  227.6 KBName:  IMG_3020.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  194.8 KBName:  IMG_3021.jpg
Size:  161.1 KB
    He really does have the best hardware. I wish the shorter of the two pieces was about 1-1/2" longer so the keeper wasn't always right up against the lugs on mine (and I could center the buckle on my wrist).
    WatchDialOrange likes this.

Great pics.

Been wearing mine for a week now and really love it, almost as good as the Omegas at 1/4-1/5 of the price.

Haven't tried any other nato strap bands, not really going to bother with the other ones anymore and would purchase more PhenomeNato over Omegas as well due to the significant price difference.
    WiZARD7 likes this.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information