"Seatbelt" NATO strap roundup: BluShark, Cincy, PhenomeNato, and WatchGecko (Picture heavy!) - Page 8
Like Tree193Likes

Thread: "Seatbelt" NATO strap roundup: BluShark, Cincy, PhenomeNato, and WatchGecko (Picture heavy!)

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Re: "Seatbelt" NATO strap roundup: BluShark, Cincy, PhenomeNato, and WatchGecko (Picture heavy!)

Throwing up some photos of the PhenomeNATO in Admiralty Grey. I have been in love with these since I got them. I have the navy blue (22 mm), bond and admiralty grey (20 mm). The quality is consistent on all of them.

The observations of the stitching quality by others in the thread are spot on. There are some areas of crooked stitching near the buckle and some inconsistencies in the individual stitches. The hardware is thinner compared to the Omega NATO but I prefer it as it allows the strap to sit closer to my wrist.

In the pictures you can see which hole I use the most and there has been very light stretching.

The fabric quality is just amazing. I love the very tight weave in the material and it has an amazing sheen.

FYI this is fitted to my IWC Pilot Chrono with 21mm lugs so excuse the gap.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nrcooled; February 13th, 2017 at 01:09.

Re: "Seatbelt" NATO strap roundup: BluShark, Cincy, PhenomeNato, and WatchGecko (Picture heavy!)

The Sold Out ToxicNato went fast at $28. Helson White Sharkdiver on ToxicNato Seatbelt Style at a great price point.

Name:  Hexa ToxicNato.jpg
Views: 618
Size:  237.0 KB

Glad to see this thread in here. I just ordered some blusharks after being a pretty hardcore ToxicNato loyalist and was searching for some thoughts and comparisons on them. I definitely think the Toxic Shizznit is a better comparison against the straps in the original post than the ToxicButta.

I bought one of Terry's Toxic Shizznit's recently and the strap is insane quality wise. I ended up giving mine to a friend though because I ordered the grey and it was a bit too "sheeny" for me. I'll probably grab a black or black stripe in the future sometime.

Blushark was sold out of the alphashark strap I wanted tonight so I ordered a couple regular ones and I'm hoping I like them. I realized after I ordered that they're a bit shorter than Toxic and I have a 7.6 inch wrist so here's hoping I can still fold it over. I can't stand a nato that I can't fold over. Fingers crossed!

Anyone has a picture with navy-colored Phenomenato on a black dialed watch? Thanks!

Sure
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jack1775 and duc like this.

Quote Originally Posted by the_Dentist View Post
    Anyone has a picture with navy-colored Phenomenato on a black dialed watch? Thanks!
    Name:  DSC09614_1.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  255.1 KB
    *** Omega Seamaster GMT - 2234.50.00 *** Omega Planet Ocean Chronograph - 215.30.46.51.03.001 *** Omega Speedmaster Professional "Moonwatch" - 3572.50.00 *** Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military MAXI - Limited Edition *** Seiko Marinemaster Professional - SBBN035 ***

Quote Originally Posted by SD350 View Post
    Glad to see this thread in here. I just ordered some blusharks after being a pretty hardcore ToxicNato loyalist and was searching for some thoughts and comparisons on them. I definitely think the Toxic Shizznit is a better comparison against the straps in the original post than the ToxicButta.

I bought one of Terry's Toxic Shizznit's recently and the strap is insane quality wise. I ended up giving mine to a friend though because I ordered the grey and it was a bit too "sheeny" for me. I'll probably grab a black or black stripe in the future sometime.

Blushark was sold out of the alphashark strap I wanted tonight so I ordered a couple regular ones and I'm hoping I like them. I realized after I ordered that they're a bit shorter than Toxic and I have a 7.6 inch wrist so here's hoping I can still fold it over. I can't stand a nato that I can't fold over. Fingers crossed!
    So just got my blushark straps in last night. Two big issues... first they didn't include one of the straps I ordered, it was simply forgotten from the package all together. The second was that they are just a bit shorter than toxic (280 vs. 290 I believe) and its enough that I cannot comfortably fold over the end of the strap and it just sticks up. For me this part is a deal breaker and I'm going to try and return them asap. The quality was good, not better than toxic, but a worthwhile purchase... but I can't deal with the length though. I'm sure the shipping error was a one-off issue, but if there's any problems with the customer service/returns I'll let you guys know.

All this being said, I would still like to check out an "alpha shark" model from blushark as they only had the regular and orca models in stock in the colors/sizes I needed. I think some of the alphas come in 290mm so if they do I may try one out soon.

Wish the PhenomeNato straps came in 18mm lug width. (if you guys are listening, please add this! :)

Quote Originally Posted by happyvillian View Post
    Wish the PhenomeNato straps came in 18mm lug width. (if you guys are listening, please add this! :)
    I'm listening, but unfortunately I don't have capacity to add 18mm straps... :(
    (I'm working on new colors now, and improved stitching)

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-DL00 using Tapatalk
    SD350 likes this.
    *** Omega Seamaster GMT - 2234.50.00 *** Omega Planet Ocean Chronograph - 215.30.46.51.03.001 *** Omega Speedmaster Professional "Moonwatch" - 3572.50.00 *** Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military MAXI - Limited Edition *** Seiko Marinemaster Professional - SBBN035 ***

Quote Originally Posted by WiZARD7 View Post
    (I'm working on new colors now, and improved stitching)

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-DL00 using Tapatalk
    When do you think, are the new colors available? Cant wait!

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread Information