"Seatbelt" NATO strap roundup: BluShark, Cincy, PhenomeNato, and WatchGecko (Picture heavy!) - Page 9
Like Tree193Likes

Thread: "Seatbelt" NATO strap roundup: BluShark, Cincy, PhenomeNato, and WatchGecko (Picture heavy!)

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Re: "Seatbelt" NATO strap roundup: BluShark, Cincy, PhenomeNato, and WatchGecko (Picture heavy!)

Quote Originally Posted by the_Dentist View Post
    When do you think, are the new colors available? Cant wait!
    It will take at least 2 more month, but maybe more. :(
    *** Omega Seamaster GMT - 2234.50.00 *** Omega Planet Ocean Chronograph - 215.30.46.51.03.001 *** Omega Speedmaster Professional "Moonwatch" - 3572.50.00 *** Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military MAXI - Limited Edition *** Seiko Marinemaster Professional - SBBN035 ***

Re: "Seatbelt" NATO strap roundup: BluShark, Cincy, PhenomeNato, and WatchGecko (Picture heavy!)

Quote Originally Posted by WiZARD7 View Post
    It will take at least 2 more month, but maybe more. :(
    Alright, I will try to be patient! :D
    What colors / patterns are you planning?

some suggestions:
    - Olive drab/military green
    - sand / beige
    - dark burgundy red

Cincy's Stealth Bond colorway is something special. Looks black in most lighting, while still offering subtle detail.
    https://www.cincystrapworks.com/prod...-milspec-strap

That said Seatbelts are really the way to go. They glide through the keepers with ease...
    accidentalsuccess and Raydius like this.

Ordered the PhenomeNATO grey and blue straps (short version with brushed hardware) on 12 March. They were shipped on 28 March and I finally got them in today! First up, the weave is almost indistinguishable from the Omega NATO and I'm really impressed by this. I've attached a comparison picture below showing how the blue and grey stack up against the Omega NATO. The PhenomeNATOs are slightly thinner than the Omega ones, and the colours are exactly what I hoped them to be. The blue in particular is in a very elegant and classy hue.

I'm not really bothered by the slightly imperfect stitching of the PhenomeNATOs, however one area where the Omega clearly wins is the buckle. The Tang buckle on the Omega rotates up and down with little play to the left or right, whereas the PhenomeNATOs have considerably more left-right play when trying to put on the strap. Not really a huge deal but I thought I would point it out. Overall really satisfied and I can't wait to rock em on my Speedmaster.

Name:  IMG_8937.JPG
Views: 438
Size:  1.08 MB

I trust you will supply pics to this tread when attached to the Speedy

Thanks,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by masmo View Post
    Ordered the PhenomeNATO grey and blue straps (short version with brushed hardware) on 12 March. They were shipped on 28 March and I finally got them in today! First up, the weave is almost indistinguishable from the Omega NATO and I'm really impressed by this. I've attached a comparison picture below showing how the blue and grey stack up against the Omega NATO. The PhenomeNATOs are slightly thinner than the Omega ones, and the colours are exactly what I hoped them to be. The blue in particular is in a very elegant and classy hue.

I'm not really bothered by the slightly imperfect stitching of the PhenomeNATOs, however one area where the Omega clearly wins is the buckle. The Tang buckle on the Omega rotates up and down with little play to the left or right, whereas the PhenomeNATOs have considerably more left-right play when trying to put on the strap. Not really a huge deal but I thought I would point it out. Overall really satisfied and I can't wait to rock em on my Speedmaster.

Name:  IMG_8937.JPG
Views: 438
Size:  1.08 MB

Just what I needed. What a great set of reviews of the top line natos. Had a customer in the other day asking about good natos and I recommended toxic and blushark as I have personal experience with both (as well as run-of-the-mill natos). Will have to add watchgecko and phenomenato. Thanks again!
    WiZARD7 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnegil View Post
    I trust you will supply pics to this tread when attached to the Speedy

Thanks,
    John
    Unfortunately I just sent off my Speedy to Omega as there was a problem with the reset of the chronograph. I'll definitely try to get some pics on the straps once I get it back!
    Johnegil likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by masmo View Post
    Unfortunately I just sent off my Speedy to Omega as there was a problem with the reset of the chronograph. I'll definitely try to get some pics on the straps once I get it back!
    That's a shame, hope everything gets solved and you get your speedy back.
    In the mean time, here is my speedy on a phenomenato strap and the oem omega nato strap. As mentioned earlier, the weave is almost identical, the color of the navy is spot on with my CK2998, and the hardware is better on the phenomenato because it does n not play as much. The only exception is for the buckle, which is great though, but the omega one is slightly better. Overall you can't go wrong with phenomenato.

@masmo Good luck with the repair! I think my Speedy will wear a navy Phenomenato in the not so distant future.
    WiZARD7 likes this.

I ordered a Cincy seatbelt strap based on this thread - a black w/ gray edges. Received it today, and it is great! So soft and the fit is spot on for my wrist. Thanks much for the review!

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread Information