Seiko Monster "Lite" SNZFxxx & NATO/Zulu Straps

Thread: Seiko Monster "Lite" SNZFxxx & NATO/Zulu Straps

Seiko Monster "Lite" SNZFxxx & NATO/Zulu Straps

Can any owners of a Seiko Monster "Lite" aka Seiko 5 Sports Automatic SNZFxxx models chime in on their experiences with NATO or Zulu straps?

I removed the bracelet from my SNZF53 and could not fit a Zulu strap through the gap between the case and the spring bar. It appears that the lug holes are positioned quite close to the case, so when the original spring bar is put in place there is very little room for a nylon strap.

I'm wondering if the Zulu strap increased thickness is a factor, as I have seen a few pictures of these Monster lites on NATO straps.

Any help or input is appreciated!

Name:  SNZF53K1.jpg
Views: 9093
Size:  74.3 KB

Banned
    where leaves, boatmen, dinosaurs, and a bevy of other losers pretend to play sports

Re: Seiko Monster "Lite" SNZFxxx & NATO/Zulu Straps

O own one of these, but never tried to put a nato on it - I have a 22mm nato that I was going to use, but I put a heavy mesh on mine and have not looked back since... just too good.

I've always though your particular model would look great on black mesh.

One solution is thinner spring bars and avoiding the use of Zulu altogether. The extra thickness seems to hinder the ability to put it on.

Care to share some pictures of heavy mesh and your watch?

I'm a bit new to aftermarket bracelets and straps, so I am not exactly sure what heavy mesh looks like!

Banned
    where leaves, boatmen, dinosaurs, and a bevy of other losers pretend to play sports

Certainly. Although, I should have said "shark" mesh rather than hevy, but it's all relative:

Name:  mini mesh monster.jpg
Views: 18913
Size:  239.8 KB

Here is the black version (bay item # 110524268274). These come from bay seller wjean - they carry 2 version: this black one has the section of removeable links, and is more expensive. Mine did not have that, was just a band of mesh, and you trim fat very easily with a dremel.

Very nice! I will definitely consider the shark mesh as an option for the SNZF!

How do you like your orange SNZF? I've wanted to include an orange dialed watch in my collection for a long time now. My first few days of owning the black (more gun metal actually) SNZF has been positive and for the price it's a great watch.

I'm going to have one last go at trying to pair the SNZF with a black-gray Bond Zulu that I got from wjean. There are some thinner spring bars that hopefully will give enough clearance for the strap to enter.

Banned

I have an affinity for orange, so I have several orange-faced pieces.

This is certainly not the nicest of those, but it is the best shade of orange for sure. Deep and bright, but not obnoxious. Absolutely destroys the almost peachy shade of orange my Monster has, which is unfortunate.

Thread Information