Seiko SKX013 diver annoyance

Thread: Seiko SKX013 diver annoyance

Seiko SKX013 diver annoyance

Looking for a bit of help, please. Apologies if this brings to your attention something that is now going to bother you, too…

I’m generally not a strap swapper, but the minute I bought my SKX013 it I got rid of the the hard, overlong rubber strap and the watch is currently on a canvas/leather band.

However, the strap isn’t thick enough at the lug ends to fill the depth of the lugs, i.e. the top of the strap doesn’t sit flush with the top of the lugs. Not even close.

The depth of the lugs is 4mm. The canvas/leather band is supposed to be 4mm thick; clearly it isn’t. Many of the alternatives I’ve found online are thicker through the length of the band, but not at the lugs.

Does anybody know of a supplier who provides ‘thickness at lug’ measurements? Or has anybody bought a strap for their SKX013 that doesn't have this problem? Happy to buy plain leather rather than canvas/leather if that’s the way to get a band that fits properly.

Re: Seiko SKX013 diver annoyance

Generally, the position of the lug holes makes a bigger difference than the strap thickness for changing that fit. I thought an aftermarket firm was doing a few rubber straps made specifically for some of the Seiko's but don't remember the name.

I don't know how you want to use your watch or what look you're after, but I've found that a thin NATO does a good job of filling the gap between the strap and case, as well as, the area you are describing. If you don't think that will work, a leather NATO/Zulu will definitely add bulk around the lugs.

As to a supplier that gives the lug area measurements, the only ones I've noticed are for curved-end/fitted straps, and these only work well if the lug holes match up.

Re: Seiko SKX013 diver annoyance

Thanks – yes, the lug holes are set fairly low on the lugs. I was hoping to find a two-piece strap since the watch is already the chunkiest in my collection and doesn't want to sit any higher off the wrist, but I can pinch a decent NATO or Zulu off a friend to see how it fits.

The maker of the perfect-fit rubber straps for Seiko divers is Crafter Blue, if that happens to be helpful to anybody.

Thread Information