WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Some of my straps

15K views 87 replies 27 participants last post by  jankoxxx 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I know there are many of us - guys with small wrists - out there. I started to build my own straps since it was really hard for me to find nice straps..

Enjoy :)

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Nice, I really like the 3rd and last ones, what leather are you using for those? I have heard that Kangaroo leather is popular for leather NATO straps because it is very thin (which your strap appears to be as well). Take a look at some raw suede NATOs as well, they can look very nice on the right watch.

Do you mind me asking what size your wrist is? I feel like watches (and shoes I guess) are one area I have been gifted. Being 6'4", and pretty skinny (well closer to average - a medium shirt fits right in the chest/stomach, but is too narrow on the shoulders and too short [usually]), I find it hard to find clothing that is the right inseam length, sleeve length, shirt length etc. Thankfully though, my wrist size is probably about smack bang on average, being 7 inches (or close enough).

Big fan of your approach to size issues, DIY. In the far future (cash issues!), I want to get into some strap making.

#5 ·
thanks guys. i started with regular leather and son i moved on to used leather and ammo leather. i like the used and rugged looks. later i found out about shell cordovan and wanted to try it out. it is a completely different leather type and i love it :)
where i live, kangaroo is not too common and hard to get. raw suede is planned - i already have some leather ready, i just need some time to start with it.

my wrists are below avarage - 6.5 inch so pretty smallish. i used to be fat but i changed my lifestyle significantly which led to weight loss of course. since then i need the custom straps :)

will post some new shots later

#9 ·
This is a big problem that I have been running into as well, though not so much for myself. My son loves digging through my watches and straps but nearly none of them are small enough to fit him without punching holes darn near up to the lugs. Are you selling these straps? If not, would you be interested in sharing your measurements and techniques to produce my own for him?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.