Thread: Strap for Big Pilot

Strap for Big Pilot

I've had my Ticino Big Pilot watch for about a year now. I've been wearing the stock strap out of laziness and it's time to get a new one. However, I need the strap to be able to take a beating and not show signs of wear and tear. I am a physical therapist so I'm always using my hands, getting sweaty working with patients, and washing my hands excessively (>20 times per day). Have any good strap suggestions? I think leather would work best with this watch, especially a distressed leather look. But I'm open to suggestions. I've perused International Watchman, Panatime, Jurgens, and BJStrap after searching the forums a bit, but have analysis paralysis.

If you have a different strap on your Big Pilot (or other pilot/aviator style watch), please post a picture. Thanks for your help!

BK

Re: Strap for Big Pilot

Don't own a UNITAS handwound pilot watch, but definitely look into a pilot style strap such as a riveted strap. You'll find them from vendors such as Timefactors or IWI. Both have decent shipping rates. Sorry, no pics.

Horween Bund

Sent from my Garminfone using Forum Runner

Bund

Sent from my Garminfone using Forum Runner
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The chronoswiss might fit your bill. It's very tough and thick leather and supposed to be waterproof to 100ft(although I honestly don't know what depth has to do with it). I can attest as to its comfort though.

Unless this is another strap, it's called a Chronissimo and is by Di-modell. It's my go-to strap for so many watches.

Thread Information