Strap input requested Hirsch vs Rios vs ??? - Page 2
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Strap input requested Hirsch vs Rios vs ???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Strap input requested Hirsch vs Rios vs ???

I've got way more straps than makes any sense and have nothing but good to say about Rios or Hirsch. I'd probably be more concerned about which model gave the best look for the watch.
    Bosman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by slcbbrown View Post
    I've got way more straps than makes any sense and have nothing but good to say about Rios or Hirsch. I'd probably be more concerned about which model gave the best look for the watch.
    Appreciate the input, but could you please expound on that?
    I went for a "look" and the strap felt like crap on the wrist. I had a Hirsch Liberty and thought the quality was very good.
    What is it you didn't like about Rios and Hirsch?
    Would really appreciate your experience.

Thanks,
    Joe
    Orient Blue Mako
    Orient Star Classic
    Seiko SRP777
    Seiko SARB035

I think he was saying both Hirsch and Rios make good straps. Not the he didn't like them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bosman likes this.

Strap input requested Hirsch vs Rios vs ???

Quote Originally Posted by CastorTroy3 View Post
    I think he was saying both Hirsch and Rios make good straps. Not the he didn't like them.

Omygosh!! I read that wrong, it sucks getting old. My apologies.

Last edited by Bosman; April 3rd, 2017 at 03:33.
    Orient Blue Mako
    Orient Star Classic
    Seiko SRP777
    Seiko SARB035

Strap input requested Hirsch vs Rios vs ???

Quote Originally Posted by slcbbrown View Post
    Please ignore my first response, I completely read that wrong. I some how missed the "but" between "nothing" and "good". The eyes are getting old.
    Thanks for your input!

Last edited by Bosman; April 3rd, 2017 at 03:34.
    Orient Blue Mako
    Orient Star Classic
    Seiko SRP777
    Seiko SARB035

I bought a black Hirsch rainbow lizard and Debeers Havanna lizard grain and weren't that impressed. Now, I try to spend more money on straps.
    Bosman likes this.

Like our friend from Dallas, over the years I've accumulated boxes full of straps and spent £££. I'd say you'd be very hard pushed to tell the difference in quality between Hirsch, Rios, Hadley Roma, Bob or just about any branded strap under £50. They all make superb straps for the money and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend any of these. Nor is it really a question of price. I've had superb straps for under £15 (Darlena and Hadley Roma). The main issue is getting the colour of brown/tan you're after. Online pics usually lie so it's always going to be something of a lottery. Hence the boxes full of straps... (Yes, I could sell 'em, but they may come in handy one day - like jars of screws in the shed!)
    Bosman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry H View Post
    Like our friend from Dallas, over the years I've accumulated boxes full of straps and spent £££. I'd say you'd be very hard pushed to tell the difference in quality between Hirsch, Rios, Hadley Roma, Bob or just about any branded strap under £50. They all make superb straps for the money and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend any of these. Nor is it really a question of price. I've had superb straps for under £15 (Darlena and Hadley Roma). The main issue is getting the colour of brown/tan you're after. Online pics usually lie so it's always going to be something of a lottery. Hence the boxes full of straps... (Yes, I could sell 'em, but they may come in handy one day - like jars of screws in the shed!)
    I agree with this to a point.

I have spent a wide range of money on straps, as much as 350 USD and as little as 10 USD. I have never bought a strap for less than 20 that I thought was worth anything. Most straps I have bought for less than 50, I have been disappointed with or they were just "okay". While certain manufacturers will always put out good quality regardless, there is a big difference between a 30 dollar Hirsch strap and a 90 dollar Hirsch strap. The one costing 60 more does so for a good reason.

All that aside, pretty much anything Hirsch, Rios, Hadley Roma, Crown and Buckle, and a number of other people make will be okay straps. Just be aware that low price straps cost a lot less for a reason. Bearing in mind I type this while wearing my Orient Bambino, which despite my dislike of embossed straps is ironically using a Hirsch Duke.
    Bosman likes this.

I appreciate all the input. I hear what you all are saying, wish I could actually have a way near me to handle the straps in real life. Having heard nothing but very good things about the brands I asked about, I figured I was "safe" buying them as opposed to the chance I took on the no name ebay strap that is going back. I too believe I would spend more money if I could handle them in person and see and feel the difference. But as stated, the Hirsch Liberty and Dassari Lincoln I had were many levels above the oem strap and "ebay" straps I have experienced, with the Hirsch being superior to the Dassari. So I guess I was looking for a Hirsch or Rios at or above the Hirsch Liberty quality, in a alligator/croco pattern and superior to the Dassari quality.
    Orient Blue Mako
    Orient Star Classic
    Seiko SRP777
    Seiko SARB035

Quote Originally Posted by Karkarov View Post
    ...there is a big difference between a 30 dollar Hirsch strap and a 90 dollar Hirsch strap. The one costing 60 more does so for a good reason.
    I think the OP will be aware that the more you pay the better the strap - in this case embossed leather vs genuine croc/alligator, but that's not the issue

Quote Originally Posted by Bosman View Post
    wish I could actually have a way near me to handle the straps in real life
    Just think yourself lucky that this is the internet generation where there's almost no limit to the choice available. In days of yore you were lucky to have a choice of brown or black, never mind lug width...

All the straps I've bought have been online. You just have to take a chance and hope for the best, I'm afraid. Stick to the major brands and you won't go far wrong.
    Last edited by Barry H; April 3rd, 2017 at 16:30.
    Bosman likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information